PDA

View Full Version : Chauvet Dj Bank?

Dj DRPX
05-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I found an open box Chauvet Dj Bank for $60 that comes with a 1 year warranty. I think that these are perfect for the small parties that I'll be Dj'ing. Does anyone have any experience with these? I've found videos of the lights, and I think that they look very nice for the price. I think I'm gonna get them, but do you guys think that they are worth the $60?

sss18734
05-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Not really. You can't link them, they are not bright at all, and they aren't sound active.

Dj DRPX
05-08-2012, 04:24 PM
It actually is sound activated. I know I can't link them, but it's not for a big party or anything, so the absolute most I'd use is two of them. In terms of brightness, is there anything similar that you'd recommend?

sss18734
05-08-2012, 05:00 PM
The ones I've seen can only be set to variable chase patters, so it sounds like the sound active is a new feature.

If you can, get a hold of some used American DJ colorstrip minis. They put out a pretty solid amount of light and are linkable.

Dj DRPX
05-08-2012, 05:13 PM
I was looking at those. I'll look into them a bit more. Thanks for the advice.

Dj DRPX
05-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Did you mean Chauvet Colorstrip minis? I can't find any American Dj colorstrip minis.

DYM
05-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes. Only a Chavet name.

sss18734
05-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes that's what I meant :)

Dj DRPX
05-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Cool guys thanks. I'll look into it. Also, do either of you know if the American Dj Mirco Galaxian laser light is good for a small party? I've seen videos and it looks about the right size for a party of 50-100ish people.

DYM
05-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Cool guys thanks. I'll look into it. Also, do either of you know if the American Dj Mirco Galaxian laser light is good for a small party? I've seen videos and it looks about the right size for a party of 50-100ish people.

Yea you can use it.. You need to shine it on the ceiling though. Just "dots" on the ceiling... All you need is a colorstrip mini on a t-bar. If you have extra cash go for something like the Fallout or Swarm.

Dj DRPX
05-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I just looked up the Fallout and I'm really liking how it looks. I'll look into getting a refurbished one if possible because although it's cheap, I have like no money to spend on lights right now. Thanks so much for the help!

Johnnotestine
05-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Yikes, why answer a question without actual knowledge of the product?

I am not recommending the DJ Bank but it does have a sound active mode and can be power linked. When power linked they can be made to change at the same time. I had and recently sold two DJ Banks. It is a decent small wash light for the price.

sss18734
05-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Yikes, why answer a question without actual knowledge of the product?

I am not recommending the DJ Bank but it does have a sound active mode and can be power linked. When power linked they can be made to change at the same time. I had and recently sold two DJ Banks. It is a decent small wash light for the price.

How exactly do you get the lights to sync without DMX? This would be a total deal breaker for me.

The ones I played with had no sound active mode, so apparently they've made some changes. It also looks like by the lux rating alone, the DJ Bank might actually be brighter than the colorstrip mini. Might be a decent choice if he's only running one, I suppose.

Dj DRPX
05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I'd run at most two, most likely 1 depending on the room size. Thanks for giving your input Johnnotestine.