PDA

View Full Version : Yorkville LS800p Powered Sub VS QSC KW181

pumpitdj
02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Currently I own the Yorkville LS800p Powered Sub , and yes this Sub does pound 1500 Watts of thump, only thing I hate is lugging this monster around . I believe it weighs at least 200 Pounds . Yes it does have two wheels but since the size is so big and it weighs so much I have to put this in my trailer when I go to gigs , too much weight in my SUV . So I was thinking of trading this sub in for the QSC KW181 , I have heard some good reviews on this sub , 1000 Watts , and it's only 70 Pounds , plus it has 4 wheels . Now if I do the trade in , I'm looking at still forking out at least another extra $800.00 to get the QSC sub . So my question is do I just keep the sub I got , or do I go with the QSC Sub . I have not heard this sub yet and was wondering if any of you dj's own one and how do you like the bass that comes out of it . I also own 2 pairs of QSC K10 speakers . I was at first thinking of the Ksub but the reviews are terrible . Anyways whats your thaughts

Sween
02-07-2012, 11:27 AM
The amp is 2500/1500, but the actual draw is only 800W.
Yes it does pump.
No, it weighs 137 lbs.
Don't buy the KSub.
The LS801 is a great sub and doing this is gonna cost you more money than its worth.
Yes, it will be a little lighter, but still not worth changing it out IMO.

CQE DJs
02-07-2012, 12:12 PM
I agree with Sween. I've heard the KW181 and I wasn't that overly impressed. The Yorkville will win by far in SPL. I wouldn't by the K sub either but why don't you just grab a smaller sub (maybe the EV118p) to use with smaller events and then just use the Yorkville for bigger events.

funkyfresh
02-07-2012, 12:19 PM
I wouldnt invest more money just to swap to the QSC KW181.

pumpitdj
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Thx guys for your feedback ! I may just go out and buy a LS720p for my smaller gigs

GaFFLe
02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Good idea. I compared the LS800P to some HPR 181i's (which probably sound just as good or better than the KW181's). The Yorkville seemed twice as loud as the HPR. THe sound quality of the QSC was more sublike as it sounded deeper and more musical. The Yorkville sounds like a one-note wonder but they really boom. I've read that a small cut at 80Hz is what they need to sound their best. You'll be very disappointed going from a LS800P at a prom or gym-sized function to a KW181 in the same venue.

The_Wedding_DJ
02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Ok guys need a kick butt sub and was looking at the qsc Kw1801 until I read the posts above. I really want something loud, powerful and reliable. I would rather spend more money to haul around one sub than get something that I have to have 4 of.

Any suggestions?

pumpitdj
02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I have owned the Yorkville ls800p Sub before , and I now own the QSC Kw181 SUB . I will tell you that the Bass is deeper and louder in the Yorkville , but it over powers my QSC K12 Speakers . Even when I turn the bass down, The bass is all in your chest . You don't want to kill Grandma at the Wedding . The Sub is awesome for any Clubs or even bands , but I would not use for Weddings . The Yorkville Sub is also very heavy .

For the QSC KW181 Sub the bass is perfect for any pair of 10" or 12" Tops . Sounds really nice and its not over powering . Gives a really nice Low End Bass . The QSC is also on four wheels so just turn it over and roll it . Also QSC is the only company that offers a 6 year Warranty with their speakers . I have owned the QSC Sub now for over a year and have done small and large events , and I am very happy with the results .

electricsmooth
02-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Also own 2x LS800P subs and yes, they do pound! They are heavy but are manageable with the 2 wheels. Luckily I have a trailer with a ramp. I do appreciate what you are saying though, I've had to take them up some stairs a few times and it is tough!

jayhwk
02-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Ok guys need a kick butt sub and was looking at the qsc Kw1801 until I read the posts above. I really want something loud, powerful and reliable. I would rather spend more money to haul around one sub than get something that I have to have 4 of.

Any suggestions?

Take a look at the EV QRX218 and the JBL SRX728. The EV is smaller and lighter and considered by many to have a superior sound quality than the JBL but less output. The JBL is used by professional companies all over the place - it is at the very bottom of what I would consider the professional loudspeaker market.

Houdini823
02-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Just bought a JBL VRX918SP to pair with my PRX 615M. Comparable to the LS800 but way lighter and better response to me. Tighter bass control