PDA

View Full Version : Good ear bud headphones?

DJ Klownz
02-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Im looking for a good pair of ear bud headphones.My price range is no more than $200.I heard many say Shure is good to look into.I would have to say my main requirement, is comfort and pulsating BASS!

Sween
02-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I use these... http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-headphones-sennheiser-adidas_504034

But I use them for running. they're great.

mainstreamdjs
02-07-2012, 11:28 AM
If you want something thats enhanced I would just get the beats by dre earbuds.....they are perfect for listening purposes as they are enhanced intensely especially in the bass range.

Sween
02-07-2012, 11:32 AM
If you want something thats enhanced I would just get the beats by dre earbuds.....they are perfect for listening purposes as they are enhanced intensely especially in the bass range.

:facepalm:

Manu
02-07-2012, 11:39 AM

-rep for anyone who says skull candy or beats.

funkyfresh
02-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Im looking for a good pair of ear bud headphones.My price range is no more than $200.I heard many say Shure is good to look into.I would have to say my main requirement, is comfort and pulsating BASS!

Have you looked into Westones in-ear monitors?
http://westonemusicproducts.com/music/index.php/products/universal-fit.html

They also make custom ones if you decide to go that route.

DJ Klownz
02-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Looking at the Westones now.Not alot of reviews on them ill keep doing research.By the way do they make wireless earbuds?Just a thought :tup:

funkyfresh
02-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Looking at the Westones now.Not alot of reviews on them ill keep doing research.By the way do they make wireless earbuds?Just a thought :tup:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/10/13/the-best-in-ear-monitors-for-djs/

NickJames
02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Are these in-ear headphones for DJing or personal enjoyment? For personal listening the Shure SE315s, and Shure SE215s are both great as are the Bose MIE2Is... I wouldn't use any of them for DJing though.

mainstreamdjs
02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I figured he was stating these for personal enjoyment...and he does want BASS.......if we want real sound than we can just tell him to get the same buds laidback luke uses....Etymotic...

If he wants enhanced bass and sound for the consumer I still vouch for the beats by dre...

Manu
02-07-2012, 01:48 PM
great as are the Bose MIE2Is... I wouldn't use any of them for DJing though.

Hmmm debatable. They tweaked towards more bass but they don't go loud, and they are very much open so not good at blocking external noise. Good for day to day use but indeed not for DJing

If he wants enhanced bass and sound for the consumer I still vouch for the beats by dre...

overpriced crap, many other better options for the same money.

DJ Klownz
02-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes looking ones for DJing.But will also use them towards personal enjoyment.

Chay
02-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Check out some AKG and Audio Technica earbuds as well, excellent quality :tup:

mostapha
02-08-2012, 06:42 AM
I've used some about $100 etymotics for DJing before, but they don't use the exact model anymore. Very much enjoyed it, though mine eventually died the same way all earbuds do if you don't lose them…the wire broke right at the body of the earbud where you can't really fix it.

I'm using my POS $12 skull candy buds for the time being (or my HD-25s) and really enjoying the IEM thing again even though they suck. I'd buy either Shure 215s or Etymotic MC5s, either with custom moulds. I can't really justify the expense of getting better than that at this point.

Atomisk
02-08-2012, 07:44 PM

I use the westone um3x's. Westones are amaaaazzzziiiiinnngggggg

Freddy Lozano
02-08-2012, 10:50 PM
i have some westone 4's that sound really nice I'm looking to sell them to go full custom.

DJ Klownz
02-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I use the westone um3x's. Westones are amaaaazzzziiiiinnngggggg

:tup:

windspeed36
02-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Yes looking ones for DJing.But will also use them towards personal enjoyment.
If you're going to use them for DJing at moblie gigs your going to need closed ear headphones. While these vid's are in search of flat closed ear headphones for live sound he does mention some that would be good for DJ's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJh8B1QfEn0&feature=plcp&context=C30f71f8UDOEgsToPDskLuRSM-pnaPx6NoDE7cCbtx Part 1 of 5
Incase you don't know who the guy is - he's worked with the Red Hot Chilli Pepers, Nick Cave, Pearl Jam, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Foo Fighters, MCR ect