PDA

View Full Version : Labels similar to MistiqueMusic and Silk Digital?

thehadgi
05-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Any of you trance/prog trance gents like to help me out and recommend some labels that have a similar style as MistiqueMusic and Silk Digital? I've started to listen to this Shingo Nakamura guy and he's awesome, as well as Relaunch has some awesome stuff too (thank you to ChrisHynds and nutty for the posts in the prog gems thread!). I really like the sounds I'm hearing

I'm a producer moreso than a DJ, and with my next releases I kind of want to try out a new direction, and have been out of the listening loop for a frightfully long time :-( So I'm spending some time searching for good tracks like the ones in the other thread I referenced, and wanted to see what kind of overall labels tend to put out good stuff. I spent a bit of time on beatport, but honestly, I just really have no use for the charts there anymore as the direction I tend to write is not going to coincide with what I hear usually there. This shingo guy sounds awesome though, and I'm going to start experimenting with that kind of sound I think.

Thanks for helpin out a n00b in this arena! :)

Sedna
05-06-2012, 10:21 PM
as well as Relaunch has some awesome stuff too (thank you to ChrisHynds and nutty for the posts in the prog gems thread!). I really like the sounds I'm hearing

I posted the Relaunch stuff! :mad:

But no, really, some suggestions for you:

J00F Recordings
Pharmacy
L*C*D Recordings

Also, artists you should check out if you like Relaunch:

Cosmithex
The Digital Blonde
John 00 Fleming's lower BPM stuff

And if you like Shingo Nakamura:

Andrew Bayer
Jaytech
Soundprank

Enjoy!

thehadgi
05-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Oh no! sorry sedna haha

But excellent. Will check that stuff out!

Gotta spread some rep around, but I'll getcha :tup:

ChrisHynds
05-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Anjunadeep is one of the more obvious labels to check if you havent already. Also there's a great channel on Youtube called The "TranceHouse Society" they have some epic progressive trax that will give you a good idea of artists/labels etc to keep an eye on.

Ohmega
05-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Some good labels to dig through:
Audiotherapy
Lost Language
Electronic Elements
Silver Planet
Anjunadeep
Bonzai Progressive
BIT Records Mexico

thehadgi
05-11-2012, 11:09 PM