PDA

View Full Version : Just some techno...

AbstractQuality
05-06-2012, 09:16 PM
http://soundcloud.com/contextual/blight

Finally something I like! Been working on this for a few days and I'd like to get some feedback.

Thanks in advance

Edo Korosec
05-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Hey man.

Nice track...but there's one think for sure. U need to work more on beats. I spend a lot of time on them when i made my first remix of a song. Just try using some eq programs on them song will definitly be more listenable. Anyway i'm a newbie 2 so take that as a note.
Check out my Remix and feel free to comment even though ur fresh at this 2.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?7111-Oppinions-on-my-first-REMIX

cya :)

AbstractQuality
05-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Hey man.

Nice track...but there's one think for sure. U need to work more on beats. I spend a lot of time on them when i made my first remix of a song. Just try using some eq programs on them song will definitly be more listenable. Anyway i'm a newbie 2 so take that as a note.
Check out my Remix and feel free to comment even though ur fresh at this 2.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?7111-Oppinions-on-my-first-REMIX

cya :)

Thanks for the reply. Could you expand on what you think needs improving on? All of my tracks are EQed.

I'll check out yours

ilya
05-07-2012, 06:42 PM
very dope track. dig what you're doing with space, gives it an excellent warehouse kinda feel.

ignore what the user above you said, i have no clue what 'work on the beats' means but you got a nice cold funk going here. the only suggestion i can make on that front is to boost your highs a bit, particularly the hats and claps... they seem a little low to me.
claps starting at the breakdown around 4:30 could really use some verb too.

overall, great sound selection and design, everything is cohesive and the musical progression works quite well. only other thing i can suggest is to add more variation to the longish repeating atmospheric synth line, filter it out more at points or consider removing it from more parts of the arrangement entirely to give it more impact when it does rear its head.

AbstractQuality
05-07-2012, 08:22 PM
very dope track. dig what you're doing with space, gives it an excellent warehouse kinda feel.

ignore what the user above you said, i have no clue what 'work on the beats' means but you got a nice cold funk going here. the only suggestion i can make on that front is to boost your highs a bit, particularly the hats and claps... they seem a little low to me.
claps starting at the breakdown around 4:30 could really use some verb too.

overall, great sound selection and design, everything is cohesive and the musical progression works quite well. only other thing i can suggest is to add more variation to the longish repeating atmospheric synth line, filter it out more at points or consider removing it from more parts of the arrangement entirely to give it more impact when it does rear its head.

thanks! :tup:

I do agree, the highs could definitely be boosted a bit. Always good to get other views on the mix, especially cause I'm only using headphones here. Just bought ValhallaRoom so I'll throw that on the clap (using some freebie before).

Was thinking about doing something like that with that synth line too. Good suggestion.

I'll go back and do a re-edit tomorrow. Thanks again, really appreciate it.

AbstractQuality
05-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I've updated the track. Boosted the highs slightly and added more verb on the clap. also did some filter modulations on that one synth