PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting 3 Way Ultra Music Festival battle - DJ SB vs Kingbob182 vs Gnozis

JonAvalon
05-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Mix 1 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/Gnozis-vs-kingbob182-vs-DJSB-UMFbattle-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/Gnozis-vs-kingbob182-vs-DJSB-UMFbattle-2.mp3)

Mix 3 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/Gnozis-vs-kingbob182-vs-DJSB-UMFbattle-3.mp3)

Rules:
- Short set that you would rock the Ultra Music Fest main stage with
-20-30 min
-No Sync
-No post editing

Kingbob182
05-07-2012, 07:16 PM
no votes? this makes me cry

DJ SB
05-07-2012, 09:38 PM
lol. this is pathetic.

hoff
05-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Aight boys, all three mixes are pretty clean. Biggest thing for me with this being a festival battle is track selection..

mix 1 - got some good tracks in there, and some that just don't belong at a festival. mixing was relatively clean, but it felt a bit back and forth with track selection. the inclusion of a few songs is what killed the vibe for me.

mix 2 - definitely a mix geared towards an ultra crowd, intro track hit hard but the follow-up was a bit soft. woulda preferred peacetreaty w/o rap but thats just me. transitions were really good too, a couple came in fast but you handled them well, save maybe the last one. 18:50 was a bit abrupt, but to include the KP intro it kinda had to be done. like mix 3, the happy stuff was ironically a buzzkill, but your hardest tracks were hard, so that was a plus

mix 3 - solid tracklisting, some of my favourite tracks are in there (rattle <3). the knas/jump around mashup was a good way of changing up the genre while keeping it relevant. liked the gotye vocal mashup. I just can't handle aviciiesque tracks, calling included...and even though mix 2 had these too, there were some harder tracks in there to counter it

really close call between 2 and 3, but I personally prefer heavier tracks, can't stand the uber happy stuff.. so mix 2 takes it.

overall, all mixes were solid, good job

Gnozis
05-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Appreciate the feedback Hoff, thanks for voting

Bumping for more

Gnozis
05-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Bump for quite possibly the lowest amount of votes and feedback in a battle thread

BurntToast
05-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Mix 1 - Mixing was pretty clean but wasn't feeling the song selection as much. I liked some of the tracks you did include, but I thought the tempo was a bit too up and down with the mixing of the other genres. Overall, I liked your selection of edm songs the most of all 3 mixes. I liked the mixing a lot, but a few of the songs felt like they didn't fit.

Mixes 2 & 3 - I liked these both pretty similarly. Both of them contained some songs that I like and would have used as well. You both played "Levels" which I'm not crazy about. I figure if I was lucky enough to rock the main stage at Ultra, I'd try to play crowd-pleasers but stay away from the songs that will be heard a lot that weekend. I do like that you both threw some vocals over it, especially the Gotye.

Mix 2 - "Get Low" was a nice intro. I also thought that "Lose My Mind" simmered down the hype that "Get Low" brought, but the transition into it worked really well. "Heard You Were Walking in Paris" is a fucking bomb. I feel like someone could make a perfect set with all Hardwell mashups. The "Maximal Crazy" w/ Coldplay was a nice way to end it.

Mix 3 - I thought the mix from "Dangerous" to "Pressure" landed really well when "Dangerous" cut out, but I felt like the vocals from the "Pressure" intro clashed with the darker vibe of "Dangerous". Really dug some of the songs you used, esp "Rattle" and "Toulouse"

I voted for mix 2 because I liked the total selection of tracks and flow of the set. Mix 2 and mix 3 were right up there. Kudos to all 3 of you guys.

M!TCH
05-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Mix #1: Mix at 7:22 area (might be 15 seconds earlier) sounded horrible. Listened to it again and yeah, still the same feeling. Not digging that mash up. Whatever you did at 12:05 didn't sound good either. Way too all over the place for me personally. Sounds like a Chuckie style mix so that might work for a lot of people. I enjoyed the songs, some of it didn't flow well for me.

Mix #2: Much smoother sounding. Not another Levels mash up :face palm: Solid Festival mix.

Mix #3: Way too much Avicii at the end. That'd probably get everyone at UMF to cream themselves but I can't handle that much personally.

Voted.

M!TCH
05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
no votes? this makes me cry

lol. this is pathetic.

He posted it on the 6th and a day later you guys are complaining because no one has voted? There are three sets of 20-30 minutes, ever think that maybe people don't have a solid hour and a half right away to listen to them all?

mantis
05-12-2012, 12:02 PM
i cant seem to download it\

EssBee
05-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Don't really feel like critiquing :P , but I voted. Good job to all three of you though. Mix 2 is my favorite; just more my style/what I'd like to hear at a festival.

Interracial Tea
05-13-2012, 10:59 PM
wait, why do all of these sets seriously play knife party, avicii, jump around, and some other songs i remember the names of right now?

Kingbob182
05-13-2012, 11:42 PM
wait, why do all of these sets seriously play knife party, avicii, jump around, and some other songs i remember the names of right now?

Because if I'm headlining a festival, I'm not going to alienate everyone and play a set of local artist's minimal tracks to show off how underground I am.
I'm gonna play what people know and i'm going to play what would get people going crazy

mantis
05-14-2012, 11:02 PM
ok... i dont have too much time to post much but...

mix 1 - while i think the mixing was ok, i think the track selection was a little off and i seriously didnt enjoy the over all feel of the mix. You have some skill, no doubt and you are a good enough dj- just not my cup o tea.

mix 2 - I enjoyed this mix the most and this is what i will vote for. Track selection was good enough for me and i enjoyed the flow. Few tracks i didnt enjoy, but it was ok. Few good surprises.

Mix 3 - also enjoyed it, and i noticed some few clever tricks with filters. Was close choice between 2 and 3 for me.

Mix 2 gets my vote!

Well done ladies ;)

Mrspyaman
05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Edged 2 over 3 but it not an easy decision.

Gnozis
05-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Thanks again to everyone voting and leaving feedback <3