PDA

View Full Version : Do any basic CDJ's turn Vinyl mode when used with Serato?

Suprarick
05-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Just a basic question thank you! I know that most of your basic CD players are play mode only (and turning the platter only lets you skip through parts of the song when using a real CD). But when using Serato, does the platter turn into a vinyl mode automatically? So does it allow you to scratch?

I also understand that the high end CD players have both vinyl and play/scroll modes. Do these also just play vinyl mode when using Serato? Does the scratch feeling feel similar on a low-end deck vs. a high end deck? Say the CDJ 350 vs. the CDJ 2000?

Thanks!
-Patrick

Nin
05-06-2012, 11:17 PM
I have CDJ 800 MK IIs that I use with Serato. You can use either vinyl mode or regular non vinyl cdj mode with Serato.

Honestly, I've never used the 2000s or the 350s but considering the differences in the sizing of the jog wheels of those two particular decks, I don't think scratching would feel similar.

Era 7
05-07-2012, 05:32 AM
i'm using 800MK1s with serato. it only allowes you to scratch in vinyl mode. the 2000 and the 350 don't feel very similar apart from the basic function. this is mainly due to the size and the weight of the wheel and the 2000s function to adjust the jog feel.

I also understand that the high end CD players have both vinyl and play/scroll modes.

i don't quite know what you mean with that.

nolimitz
05-07-2012, 07:03 AM
In short, the CDJ's that have vinyl mode - Yes, you can use that feature in Serato Scratch Live. The CD players that do NOT have vinyl mode, no you can not scratch in Serato Scratch Live. You can search the whole Pioneer CDJ line for the models that have this feature and those that don't.

Same goes for the DJ cd decks that are not Pioneer such as Denon, Stanton and Numark.