PDA

View Full Version : DJ Shortkut - 90s Hip-Hop Video Mix

Sigma
05-06-2012, 01:12 PM
This is wicked: -

http://vimeo.com/20381126

Dix
05-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Personally, I wouldn't call this hip hop. I would more than likely say this was RNB right at the beginning, then light Rap, then more Rap.... But what do I know... Am I wrong?

Sigma
05-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Did we watch the same video? I'm lost for words almost. The whole mix was straight up 90s classic hip-hop tunes, apart from the last couple of songs that were dancehall/reggae.

Nick Bike
05-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Personally, I wouldn't call this hip hop. I would more than likely say this was RNB right at the beginning, then light Rap, then more Rap.... But what do I know... Am I wrong?

what lol

Nies One
05-07-2012, 08:44 AM
This is too ill, thx Sigma.

Dixie, these are hiphop songs... Light rap, I'm not sure what that is but I might use that term going forward to hate on my friends:lol:

cvdeco16
05-07-2012, 08:12 PM
:music: Awesome. I really miss that era of hip hop.

Dix
05-07-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm glad yall cleared that up. You guys know I dont play that type music & I am not familiar with it.

(Keep in mind that I categorize songs in only about 8 basic groups Like Pop, Hip Hop, Rock, Rap, Classic Rock, Rock & Roll & Country)

Some of the artists / groups I call Hip Hop are:
Black Eyed Peas
C+C Music Factory

Pop:
Cher
Savage Garden
Brittany Spears

Sorry guys, I dont even know any Rap artists... :lol:
Thanks for clearing that up for me anyway ....

DjDisArm
05-08-2012, 11:05 AM

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m37gw4Tcaj1r8wctqo2_500.jpg

and yea, you're wrong

LeFresh
05-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Black Eyed Peas is pop, the tracks I know by C&C can be classified as pop/light rap.

Light rap... :lol:

rchecka
05-09-2012, 07:44 PM
That Shortkut mix is outstanding. Figures that a Beat Junkie would master a video mix like that, talk about ON POINT!
Just goes to show, if you put great video mixing technology in the hands of seasoned vets with a knack for selecting music, they can give you a whole new dimension of live music.

Quality, thanks for sharing that Sigma.

I've seen quality live visual mixes before but that one struck a chord tapping into some REAL Hip Hop joints. The only thing that mix needed was some REAL Hip Hop music like C+C factory. :freak: