PDA

View Full Version : Need help with dxm09 effects

whatlimit
05-06-2012, 02:10 AM
I watch a YouTube demo of the dxm09 mixer where the guy was able to just switch the effects on tape echo and basically looped it.

I tried that today and could not get it to loop at all.

I bought it used so I was trying out all effects to see if it all works.

I was wondering is there anything that I need to do to use the tape echo effect?

Here's what I do.
Tap the blinking green light to match the beat, then turn the cycle knob of fx to Max as well as the fx slide control.

Nothing works I can't get it to loop.

Do you think
It's broken?

Hausgeist
05-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Make sure the echo is on the Master, otherwise the effect is pre-fader and it will drop out when you cut the channel.

whatlimit
05-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Make sure the echo is on the Master, otherwise the effect is pre-fader and it will drop out when you cut the channel.
tried that and individual channel and nothing.

heres what i was talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jNK7j8nEN4
@ 1:26

do i need anything else to do that loop? just the mixer and turntables right?

Hausgeist
05-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Yeah, I knew what you were talking about from your first post. It's a feedback loop using an echo effect. Set the tape echo to the master channel, turn the intensity fader to max, engage the effect, and you should be good to go.

All you need is an audio source and the mixer.

whatlimit
05-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Yeah, I knew what you were talking about from your first post. It's a feedback loop using an echo effect. Set the tape echo to the master channel, turn the intensity fader to max, engage the effect, and you should be good to go.

All you need is an audio source and the mixer.

darn did that and didnt get any effects. it played the tunes like the effects was off.

well i guess that function is busted.