PDA

View Full Version : History of SSL

frikk
02-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone. I'm looking to sell my gear. I have Serato Scratch Live from 4 years ago, but I have not kept up with the market or history of the product. When I bought it, it was the only "version" available. It had the USB2.0 interface and is in great condition.

Is it still the latest model? I know that Serato/Rane is really good about keeping hardware consistent but upgrading the software to add new features so I wasn't worried about becoming obsolete. What do I need to know now?

Also... anyone want to buy it? :)

Blaine

(PS: It's too bad the site went down. I was hoping to rely on my reputation as a 5-year old account to sell my gear).

Jason Cerna
02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
The original SL1 has been replaced by the SL2 box. Rane also offers the SL3 and SL4 box for further expansion. You will need to check ebay for a price check for your SL1.

NickJames
02-07-2012, 10:16 AM
It had the USB2.0 interface and is in great condition.

It might be an SL3 then because the SL1 was USB 1.1 not USB 2.0. The SL1 was 2004, SL3 was 2009, and SL2/SL4 were both 2011.

Look on the top of the box... if it says just "Scratch Live" then it's an SL1; The other three all have their numbers prominently on the top and say "RANE SL2" for example.