PDA

View Full Version : Probably time to say hello :)

si!
05-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Hi all,

Si! here, I've been a hobbyist DJ for about 6 or 7 years now. I started out using a basic M-AUDIO MIDI mixer and progressed through a number of different controllers. DJ'ing truly became fun for me when I ditched the Sync button and moved onto manual beatmatching. I now own a pair of CDJs and try to stay as far away from a laptop as possible!

My 'career' job is computer programmer & web developer, but I'm hoping to start out part-time Mobile DJing soon - I'm not in it for the money; just a passion for music. My interest in DJing has hit fever level over the last year or 2 and I really feel it's time to start sharing my music with others. I'm currently living in Calgary, Canada, and am originally from the UK.

I started a little later than most (I'm 34 now), but my earlier years were spent enjoying the clubbing scene in London, and Ayia Napa in Cyprus. I'm hoping this hobby will eventually evolve into an escape from my day job; after programming for 15 years there is nothing I want more than to escape from the computer screen (and hence why I love DJing on CDJs instead of a laptop!).

Oh yeah .. music .. UK Garage, House, D&B, all modern dance music ... anything with a beat!

Cheers,
Simon

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
05-05-2012, 06:16 AM
good intro! :tup: ~Welcome to the DJ Forums!~ :D