PDA

View Full Version : Bridezillas and Wedding Forums

DJ A.Blatch
02-07-2012, 08:48 AM
just read through this.....wow

http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84760&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=moby

thoughts or comments?

Sween
02-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Let me change a few words to put this rant into perspective...

Can't believe the cost of Cars!
by luckystars on Tue Feb 7, 2012 6:01 pm - "We're buying a car and I was told I can expect to pay around $200,000 for a decent Lamborghini. The two I rang today were $195,000 and $205,000. To me that seems ridiculous! How can they justisfy charging so much??? I finally called around and found a used 2001 Kia Rio on Craigslist for $800. The deals are out there ladies, you just have to look long and hard for them. I can't believe these people think they can get away with charging those prices!"

Re: Can't believe the cost of Cars!
by JJ20 on Tue Feb 2, 2012 6:23 pm - "You go girl. I'm going the DIY route and I got some cardboard and wagon wheels at the local Thrift Store... Only costing me $200!"

Re: Can't believe the cost of Cars!
by *Riss* on Tue Feb 2, 2012 6:32 pm - I know, as soon as you say you want an engine that's it! the price goes way up!! It's rediculous!! I hadn't actually looked into this yet, so it's a shock to me too

You get what you pay for.

Thank DJ Dennis for driving the prices down!

Mike D
02-07-2012, 09:27 AM
wow... digging back to 2008 to find a forum? That's dedication.

I only read the first page and last page, but I think the first page sums up what many brides think and the last page has a great response from a professional DJ. It's our job as DJ's to expose the "weekend warriors" and build value in what we're selling. Personally, the majority of my weddings lately are $1,000 and over, because I'm playing for 5-6 hrs and supplying a photo booth, or uplighting, or ceremony audio, or something. I've added extras to my services to build value, because they may complain about paying $650 for a DJ, but if they pay $1200 for a DJ and a Photo Booth and ceremony audio, they'll feel they're getting a better value. Especially when it all gets pulled off amazingly. Maybe I give them a discount on all that of $100 or $150 too, I still make a good profit, get my business name out there and add some pictures to my marketing media.

However, I think this is a good example of the stereotype we face as DJ's. I believe we're turning the tide on this slowly, I've noticed this anyway, more and more brides are putting an emphasis on the DJ making or breaking the night, and understanding this, as opposed to just "hey, you play my music".

epik1
02-07-2012, 09:41 AM
^ I need to apply to work for you lol .

DJMC
02-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Who cares about what a bunch of cheap Aussie brides think anyway? Maybe that's why DJ Dennis is so nasty!

DJ Watty
02-07-2012, 01:00 PM
My time is worth more then dickering with brides like this. I love what I do. But I also have equipment to maintain and kids to feed. If I can't get my going rate I would rather stay home or play for a fundraiser somewhere. Seriously I'd rather play for free for a good cause then give some cheap ass a discount. Maybe arogant of me, it is what it is.

Shay.ca
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
My time isn't worth dickering with brides like this. I love what I do. But I also have equipment to maintain and kids to feed. If I can't get my going rate I would rather stay home or play for am fundraiser somewhere. Seriously I'd rather play for free for a good cause then give some cheap ass a discount. Maybe arogant of me, it is what it is.

I second that!

Hopefully dennis does not come back!

Brom
02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
I got married last fall and found out that the DJ was the cheapest part of the event. Granted I had a fellow DJ friend take care of it but I still paid him his normal wedding fee and he did a great job. Freakin' flowers cost more than the DJ. Wait until they start looking at what wedding BANDS cost - talk about price gouging. Cheesy female singers jack the price through the roof.

danthedj
02-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I've always believed you get what you pay for. Id rather DJ for a couple that understands that then have the hassle of dealing with the "discount" type.

pumpitdj
02-08-2012, 08:06 AM
I can tell you that a $200.00 Difference from one DJ to Another can make your Wedding Day so much better , ( at least most times ). For example I know another Dj that charges $450.00 for a Wedding , This is what you get , a DJ that is still using old equipment , does not have any of the upgraded lights that we see today , does not have backup Equipment , the sound is terrible , and there is wires everywhere , does not look professional , I could go on forever about this . But there are some new DJ's out there that are just starting out that are also charging $450.00 , Yes they do have all the new equipment and lighting , but they do not have the experience . I look at this, the way I do with my Dj equipment , Why go out and spend $500.00 on a VMS4 when you can spend the extra $300.00 on a Denon DN-mc6000 and have a unit that is going to be so much more reliable . ( Practice & Enjoy ! )

DJ Donnie Lewis
02-08-2012, 08:21 AM
damn if they thought 500-800$ is expensive I'd love to see what they thought of the rates in my area. Some packages eclipse 5000$...

DJ Watty
02-08-2012, 08:50 AM
damn if they thought 500-800$ is expensive I'd love to see what they thought of the rates in my area. Some packages eclipse 5000$...

I was thinking the same thing HAHAHAH. My basic wedding kit STARTS at $750 most go around 1k to 1.5k

DJ Donnie Lewis
02-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Lol same here, can't believe they are complaining for entertainment services when it costs the same as an IPad. We start at 1000$ but with ceremony and cocktail music it starts at 1200$ our signature package is just under 5k$ and 1/2 of my 2012 weddings choose this one, but it does include a photo booth and photographer