PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pioneer DJM 3000 Mixer

Dharmaboy
05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Hey guys,
I am fairly new and I need a little hand with the effects of the djm 3000. I love the mixer. Its great and has a very good build.

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/DJM-3000/index.html

I know how to get a decent sound out of the flanger and Pan etc. But I am not sure how to get that cool beat grid or roll effect with this mixer as it is with the other DJM 400 and 600 etc. I am pretty sure the effects boards are the same on these. If anyone can tell me or point me to some vids on how to use the effects properly then that would be great. I tried messing with it but they never sound good.

Like for the echo effect, I sometimes get too much echo and when I put the fader down on the channel it cuts out the sound completely and there is no pass through of the effect while the music is playing the background of that channel. Saw a DJ do this online on a tutorial video but no luck trying to replicate the solo echo effect, while the music is almost hidden. I have to actually hit pause on the cdj before I can get it to do that.

This is just an example. any input would be great as I have gone through the pdf manual but can't seem to grasp how the effects work.

Thanks

DJStevieRay
05-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Roll and Beat Grid are not effects included with the 3000 mixer.

Manu
05-04-2012, 08:58 AM
the 3000 is fairly limited, it was designed as a mobile DJ mixer (19 inch) but failed because of the lack of sound outputs. I considered buying one at some point but the limitations vs price did put me off. About the effects, just make the most of what you have.