PDA

View Full Version : Production capabilites of Novation Twitch

banyon
05-03-2012, 03:42 AM
I was looking into investing in a controller and the two i have been mainly looking at are the Traktor S2 and the Novation Twitch. My main focus is music production (making drum beats, samples, recording) and some DJing on the side. The Twitch really caught my attention because of the many functions they have for the 8 pads on each track. Will the Twitch be able to be used with Propellerhead Reason software? I use Reason for producing and i would love to use the pads on the Twitch for sampling and drum beats.

mostapha
05-04-2012, 12:17 PM
I believe it works as a generic MIDI controller.

None of the functions will work in Reason. They're all done in the Itch software.

Andrew B
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I think it requires middleware to work as a generic MIDI device.

banyon
05-04-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm not very familiar with Itch software. Are you able to record sampled sets with the software and edit it via MIDI? Also, the Novation Twitch doesn't allow use as a generic MIDI device?

mostapha
05-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Are you able to record sampled sets with the software and edit it via MIDI?I have no idea what this means.

I can't find anything from a quick search saying one way or another whether the twitch functions as a generic MIDI controller. Frankly, I don't think it matters…it's layout is asinine for production.

banyon
05-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Maybe so. I just wanted a controller with the ability to crossfade tracks for playing at my house or parties and also have the potential to use the pads for drums and samples. Since the Novation twitch is able to slice and sample on the fly through Itch its a great feature to decrease time searching through tracks for quality samples. Im kinda stuck between a DJ and production controller without having to shell out big bucks.

Synergy
05-04-2012, 07:56 PM
um....u can use the akai lpd8 for crossfading tracks and use the pads for drum samples...in sample slots?

xyloft
05-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Akai APC40?

login
05-04-2012, 10:39 PM
launchpad with native kontrol scripts, mpd 32 also with scripts, or wait for the new behringer cmd controllers. Also the xone k2 seems suitable for djing and production, nut i dont think its buttons can function like pads.