PDA

View Full Version : Flight Cases for Airplanes

Vj Jon Jon
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I got booked in Japan from the U.S. and I want to take my DJM-T1 mixer with me. Flight cases I believe would be my best bet, but does anyone have any first hand experiences? Alternatively if anyone knows of a big enough backpack that would hold a 10 inch mixer, a laptop, and other stuff would be helpful.

Thanks

DjBlanco
05-03-2012, 12:57 AM
i never brought gear with me at any of my overseas events we always put that stuff in the rider so we didnt have to deal with the power converters it getting lost or cases damaged/lost among other shit

***also note most if not all of the flight cases i have come across do not lock... i've heard many horror story's of empty cases at destination***

DJ Highline
05-03-2012, 07:33 AM
I've never flown anywhere to DJ but as far as cases, I believe that you just need to find a case that is ATA rated. Most major case manufacturers have several lines of products that meet those requirements. As far as bags are concerned, there are a ton of bags out there that will hold a 10" mixer and laptop just have to look around. I personally have a Magma Studio/Gig Bag - 25. You can check out Odyssey, Gator, UDG, and Mono Cases to name a few.

deejaygo
05-06-2012, 02:39 PM
getting an ATA 300 rated case should work. Personally, I would get a Pelican or Nanuk plastic hard case and trim the foam to the T1's shape. Those have holes for locks and are slightly lighter than ATA cases.

I should mention that some popular "Flight" cases out there made by Road Ready and Odyssey aren't actually ATA rated and only "look" like flight cases. Many of them have poor hinge and clamp designs that will end up failing if your case falls, is thrown, or is dropped.