PDA

View Full Version : Furman power conditioner and monster USB questions

DJ SCOTTY FATS
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Hey all, hope someone can help me out here. I have 2 questions

1. Does or has anybody ever used the monster USB cable? The site states that it will move signal faster than a ordinary USB cable.

2. I just bought a Furman power conditioner. My question is, is it ok to plug powered speakers, mixer, laptop and mic all into one? Or should I plug my speakers separately?

Interracial Tea
05-02-2012, 11:33 PM
All USB cables are the same. Don't buy into that Monster marketing bs. As for the power conditioner, I think it depends on the power of your speakers and the type of power conditioner you bought. SOmeone else can probably clear this up for me.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
05-03-2012, 05:16 AM
All USB cables are the same. Don't buy into that Monster marketing bs....Agreed,bunch of BS!......I,also would plug in the Laptop separately...what is the wattage of your powered speakers?which Furman's did you get?

DTR
05-03-2012, 05:32 AM
The site states that it will move signal faster than a ordinary USB cable.

How do they get away with this shit? :jerk:

Incognito
05-03-2012, 05:58 AM
How do they get away with this shit? :jerk:

Because there's always people out there ready to buy into whatever load of crap this company has to offer. Even if Monster Cables ever came out with a good worthwhile product I still wouldn't buy it just because of all the other over marketed, over priced crap they unload onto the market.

DJ SCOTTY FATS
05-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Its the lower end. Mx8. My speakers are ev sxa250 there 350 watts continuous.
Agreed,bunch of BS!......I,also would plug in the Laptop separately...what is the wattage of your powered speakers?which Furman's did you get?

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
05-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Its the lower end. Mx8. My speakers are ev sxa250 there 350 watts continuous.M8x rack-mountable (I,looked it up).personally,I agree with you. stay away from overloading any lower end power strip with those speakers(beasts).I suggest a second power strip,to be on the safe side...a couple of months ago I overloaded my entire room(stupid me,running my DJ equipment,T.V.,laptop,heater and fan). had to call an electrican.2 out of 3, of my lower end power strips(monsters) got fried.but,they saved my equipment.worth the small investment.:tup:

DJ SCOTTY FATS
05-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Ok, well I have the 1 Furman which is power conditioner n surge protector. And I have another unit that's just a surge protector. My main concern is eliminating the cracks and pops. So which should I plug into which? The speakers to the Furman? Or the speakers to the surge?

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
05-03-2012, 05:23 PM
No matter what the Furman's claim,those low end power strip,are much more surge protector,than power conditioner.....when you say,cracks and pops,you must mean "Hum".Electrical hum(to be exact) is inherent in all audio components,especially when it comes to powered speakers.I never could afford one of those high end power condition,so I'm not one to say that they actually eliminate "Hum".:shrug:I could get into the whole process of "grounding" your entire audio system to help alleviate electrical hum,but for now,go with Mixer,mic,etc on the Furman.Speakers on the surge protector.see how that sounds.:tup:

DTR
05-04-2012, 04:30 AM
My main concern is eliminating the cracks and pops.

Like Dennis said, a real power conditioner would remove noise (more of a hum) caused by fluorescent lights, motors etc contaminating the supply. But you should take a look at this thread (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?5629-Do-power-conditioners-make-a-difference).

akela
05-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Any USB cable should suffice. But it would be great to get a couple of inexpensive ferrite collars and put them on the cable. Monster cables are just that...cables with a monster price

Manu
05-04-2012, 07:48 AM
the monster USB cable? The site states that it will move signal faster than a ordinary USB cable.

:lol: