PDA

View Full Version : DJF 1.0 "Badge of honor"

swine
02-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Clearly not a priority to have the site up and running but something I think would be cool for the sake putting back the remains of the old community (lots of returning members obviously) would be to have some symbol next to the rep/warn buttons that just indicates you were a previous member. Then letting that be a link to your profile as well where your previous username (if it has changed) could be.

There is a thread the judge started so he can make his shit list again but it would be cool if it was more accessible.

Sort of related... What happens to the people that were previously IP banned? Id hate to have to deal with Bateman again haha

Sigma
02-07-2012, 02:08 AM
I don't wanna speak for the admins, but I think this is highly unlikely to happen cos it would require them to have the database of users from DJF V1 and if they had that, they could have restored it so we didn't have to re-register.

swine
02-07-2012, 02:22 AM
I figured as much, just thought it would be neat.. But surely previous admins should have a badge. I also wouldnt mind putting together a spreadsheet of anyone that commented on a thread for the admins.

Im sure there is a to-do list and this would be at the bottom but just thought Id share since we have this nice brainstorming section. :D

Rothgery
02-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Most of the people re-registered with the same name - those that wanted to be remembered from the old site anyways, those that choose to change their names may or may not have done so for a reason.

The site is new - all rep is refreshed, we should just make due and be happy that the site is back online. Trying to restructure something like that would be a major headache for the admins that are still struggling to work all the kinks out of the new site anyways. That would create a large amount of time, for something that is somewhat meaningless

JohnXVI
02-07-2012, 05:54 AM
I doubt in the 99.9 percentile that this is possible. Either way like Rothgery said, they all had the chance to re-up as their old selves and they chose not to.

Phil Noize
02-07-2012, 07:24 AM
IMO rep isn't that important anyway. It's just good to have DJF back!

Stripe
02-07-2012, 07:39 AM
agreed about the rep. while coding something like that would be probably be possible, would rather continue to work on more useful features to help the community grow at this time.