PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a filter that I can set the cutoff frequency with by inputing midi notes

Atomisk
05-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Title says it all. Sorry if I'm blind/can't find it and it's in plain sight. I'm trying to create an Arp-ing effect on some white noise and I don't want to do it manually.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: For now I'm just using the Key Tracking oscillator in Massive, but Im still trying to have a plugin I can run audio through.

ezelkow1
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
How much control are you looking for? If your just looking for generic keytracking most synths have that built in and a bunch of standalone filters to control cutoff including massive, but if your looking to do custom modulation maps where you define the amount of modulation based on note thats trickier. For that the only one that springs to mind is zebrify as part of zebra2. Maybe some other synths that can be used as fx as well that can do custom envelopes like fm8 or synthmaster, or modulars like karmafx

-Edit
was about to suggest you also ask on kvr since they know every plugin imaginable, but I just saw your post over there

Skeyelab
05-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Sonalksis Creative Filter: http://www.sonalksis.com/creative_filter.htm

login
05-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Fabfilter volcano 2, it has midi as a source of modulation (but I am not sure if keayboard can be, aftertouch and velocity can) and it also has a Snap mode where

This function makes it possible to use the XLFO as an arpeggiator. When you enable Snap, a small piano
keyboard appears, the range of the XLFO turns into 2 octaves, and steps "snap" to notes on the piano
keyboard. Now when you modulate the filter frequency, turn the slot level to maximum, and the total amount
of modulation will exactly correspond to 2 octaves. With filter frequency parameters, you will hear individual
notes if used with high filter peak settings.

Celestial
05-02-2012, 12:16 PM
you can midi map in massive, are you sure you can't set it for midi notes for the cut-off filter?

ezelkow1
05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
you can midi map in massive, are you sure you can't set it for midi notes for the cut-off filter?

You can use the keytracking for the filter, so depending on which key hit it will open/close the cutoff more, its the ktr fltr tab. Most synths and many plugins can do filter keytracking. Its only if you want something more advanced where it gets harder where if you want some sort of custom levels depending on notes all across the keyboard that it gets trickier

Atomisk
05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I know about KTR in Massive, I use it all the time. I'm looking for something I can use on audio. I'll try the Fabfilter Volcano, I use their other plug-ins a lot. If that doesn't work I'll try the other plugins mentioned. Thanks for the help guys!

Jalapeno
05-04-2012, 03:22 PM
volcano is spectacular if not a little confusing because its so powerful