PDA

View Full Version : I sampled my DnB collection and made a bunch of hip hop beats check it =D

PONTUS.2
02-07-2012, 01:51 AM
so guys during the black out i created these 2 beat compilations. all rugged/lofi beats sampling my drum n Bass/Jungle record collection.

http://heatvision.bandcamp.com/

check it out :ninja:

PONTUS.2
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
how you maw fuckaz gona avoid a legend like me? :mad:

i demand you maw fuckaz download this shit, make at least 5 cd rs and then give them to your herb friends with the same instructions :teef:

:zany:

dj symptoms
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
ahh sheit welcome back... don't have any audio now but I'll DL em and have some feedback for you after a good listen.

dj symptoms
02-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Who We Are is really dope... got a MPC-era hiphop vibe to it but with the effects and structure of a glitch hop track. I like it. The beginning of Beehive Background sounds a lot like a scratch looper. You could probably send it to one of those yourlooper.com dudes and get your name in a few loopers. I really like Girl, it's got a sick chopped up sound. Overall the beats sound really good, the only complaint I might have is the sound quality... since they're lo-fi beats, it's expected that they would sound like this. For some reason with everything except punk, I have a beef with bad sound quality. I don't know why that is.

Good shit man.

PONTUS.2
02-09-2012, 01:43 AM
^^^
Hey thanks very much for the review symp. really appreciate the feedback =D. Definitely feel you on the lo-fi aspect. Sometimes i like dirt but other times i need stuff to be clean and crisp. I got some cleaner stuff ive made with ableton but ever since i bought an sp404sx ive been banging out quick little rugged beats(microwave beats if you will :devil:). thanks again for the comments. i posted a reply in the battle call out thread :ninja:

Nies One
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
What up sucka's! Thanks for the link Pontus, I'll check the tracks when I get home. Also it good to see some of the old tablists make it back around.

Nies One
02-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Aight i downloaded both... pretty sick stuff mayn. Some of the beats on lo fi liquid had a lot harder style than I expected. :slayer:

PONTUS.2
02-11-2012, 12:16 AM
^^^

Thanks for checking it out nies =D much appreciated

Tombachar4
02-27-2012, 08:58 PM
this is really original and dope, it has some flying lotus feel to it for some reason but i enjoy it.

E-Turnal
02-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Nice, now check your Soundcloud inbox.

Ravi Ravs Singh
02-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Interesting will def check out tonight. Haven't herd of many hip hop artists who have sampled DnB to create new hip hop. Def the other way around though.

And don't worry will pass onto my 'Herb Friends' so they can listen to it on mp3 iphones. CDs are waay oldskool bro!

PONTUS.2
02-29-2012, 05:53 PM
thanks for the feedback tombachar4 i used an sp404 which might explain the flylo similarity you feel. @ ravi ravs singh, thanks a bunch sir agreed about that statement on dnb and hip hop. i actually got another compilation on ice... :ninja: but im working on some other shit right now :zany:

thanks again fellas.

oh and @ e-turnal i sent you a reply on sc =D