PDA

View Full Version : CALLING OUT: Dubstep/Hip-Hop Mix (20-25 min) (Beginner-Intermediate)

Gnozis
05-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Looking for someone who wants to do a multi-genre battle of Dubstep and Hip-Hop. Preferably someone who is a beginner or intermediate. For rules we could go with:

20-25 min in length

Any sort of Dubstep and Hip-Hop is fair game

No editing your mix after completion

Mix due on Friday

If you accept, let me know if there are any other rules you think we should go with. I'm not a competitive person at all, just looking to have some fun with DJF by mixing two genres.

Austin GoGreen
05-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I'll be down for this, I was actually goin to do a mixtape of this sort. I have about 1 year experience on 1200s. 2 yrs djing.

Austin GoGreen
05-05-2012, 09:07 PM
What equipment are u planning to use? I also have an ns7, I don't use sync.

Gnozis
05-05-2012, 09:17 PM
What equipment are u planning to use? I also have an ns7, I don't use sync.

What's up brah! Not sure yet, I have two CDJ's and a DJM on the way, so if they get in before Friday I'll use that, but if not I'll use a Traktor Kontrol S2 without sync.

Gnozis
05-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Unfortunately not going to be able to do this just yet brah. My CDJ's and DJM came in today so I told my nephew he could borrow my controller for a few weeks because he's been wanting to start spinning. Don't have a sound card yet so I can't record with my new gear. Definitely want to do this style battle in the near future though!

EDIT: However, if you already started let me know and I can go get my controller back long enough to record a set.

Austin GoGreen
05-08-2012, 07:56 AM
no worries man, just dm me when your ready to get something down