PDA

View Full Version : Best begginer software?

Tito Lopez
04-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Hello, like the title says. Been mixing for years and am interested in producing tracks. I would like some opinions on what is a good software for rookie producers. My main objective is Remixing. I got a ton of vinyl that needs new life. I dont want to break the bank and I just want to see if its something I am going to stick with. Thanx.

Seopril
04-30-2012, 08:23 PM
For producing EDM, I like Ableton Live. I've heard good things about Reason 6.0, but a friend of mine uses Live, and his stuff is amazing. Also check out Native Instrument's Massive software. This is a must when creating the synths in EDM. I'm not sure what you mean by "I got a ton of vinyl that needs new life", so I can't really help you there. Hope I could help.

mostapha
05-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Having vinyl doesn't mean much for remixing because you still just have a stereo mix. Sampling off of it is a different thing.

Try demos. There's no such thing as beginner software in the production world that's worth a damn, so you'll be in over your head. Tutorial videos help a lot too.

Find the one that makes sense to you and stick with it.

Since everyone is just going to tell you to use what they use, I use Maschine and Logic, though I greatly prefer Pro Tools to logic and will be switching in a few weeks.

And I don't like massive at all…nor any other NI synth.

PONTUS.2
05-01-2012, 12:47 AM
i think the sp404sx is a really cool sampler (i know not software) to learn the basics of beat making on. sampling, sample treatment with effects, sequencing etc. the manuals like 15 pages, youll be making beats after like 1 day of use. =D

navigating within ableton became a lot easier after i learned the sp404sx.

mostapha
05-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Enh…for that price, I think an MPC500 is a better choice. If you want to go with hardware.

I'm not sure how it helped you with Ableton, though. If you liked working with it, give Maschine a try. They usually have one set up in Guitar Center to play with.