PDA

View Full Version : Serato Audio Clip Inserts Question

Suprarick
02-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Hey DJ Forums! Glad to see the site is back up and running and everyone slowly starting to come back.

I have a quick question for you Serato users. I'm currently trying to figure out how I go about inserting a quick "DJ Ukemi" or "Your listening to Coog Radio" clip that I can just launch with a quick press of a button in Serato. I see DJ's use this feature all the time, but I haven't figured out how to go about doing it.

And also can I create my own clips or shout-outs using Ableton? And then use the file in this way? I'd like to use my own voice for these. Thanks for your help!

-Patrick (Ukemi)

VJ LouNYC
02-07-2012, 10:42 AM
drag your audio clip into the sampler. just as you would drag an mp3 into a deck.

mainstreamdjs
02-07-2012, 11:32 AM
You can do this by bringing your clip into a deck or placing the clip into the SP6 sampler. Use letters z,x,c,v,b,n to launch the samples you have placed within your SP6 sampler.

And yes, you can create your own drops by recording your voice into a DAW such as ableton. Use a microphone, record your script, and use effects on the vocals to get the drop to stand out. I usually enhance my vocals through doubling up the clip, panning the clips, adding some reverb, compression, etc...etc....

Ocie
02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
You can do this by bringing your clip into a deck or placing the clip into the SP6 sampler. Use letters z,x,c,v,b,n to launch the samples you have placed within your SP6 sampler.

And yes, you can create your own drops by recording your voice into a DAW such as ableton. Use a microphone, record your script, and use effects on the vocals to get the drop to stand out. I usually enhance my vocals through doubling up the clip, panning the clips, adding some reverb, compression, etc...etc....

what he said.

peterwo2e
02-08-2012, 06:54 PM
i use Sony sound forge studio which i use to also produce some mash ups and mixes. i record my own sound clip or dj intro save it as mp3 format then drag it into one of the sample slots in serato. there are also some commercial voice over on the net for about 20 bucks you send them what you want to hear and they will put a professional voice announcer over it and e mail it back to you within a day or so.