PDA

View Full Version : Thinking I may have made a mistake :(

ChronixPsyc
04-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi all,

Sorry to keep posting like this but after a deep thought and consideration, I think I may have made a mistake asking for the S2 for my bday :(

I downloaded Traktor 2 and have been trying to get used to the controls of it (even went out and bought myself a sound card to plug my headphones into!) and I am finding it really difficult. It may be that I am new to the whole DJ'ing game but I found Virtual DJ a lot easier to use.

I also noticed that I cannot get Traktor 2 to work with my sound card so at the moment, I am literally trying to match it all from listening to one song over and over to work out where the drop is or where a good part to bring it in is.

Does/did anyone else have the same problem as I am currently having? I haven't got my S2 yet but I am really hoping that it will come a lot easier once I get the controller!

Also, does anyone know if there is a mapping that works with Virtual DJ? If so, I may start off mixing on that with my S2 and gradually work my way to Traktor if at all possible!

Synergy
04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
if you have the s2 why do you need virtual dj? install the drivers for your sound card, what do you have? then in your preferences select for your audio out, your sound card. we need a bit more info in order to help you out :)

Ness
04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
He doesn't have his S2 yet, Synergy.

Gronchula
04-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Sounds like you're trying to take too big of steps mate or are you just unable to cue incomming tracks? Either way, baby steps, you're not going to learn to DJ in one day. Sounds like you're learning your tracks man, just keep at it and it will come naturally over time.

MeowMix
04-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Watch youtube tutorials to learn traktor features and their uses.

Once the S2 gets there you will see that everything will work out a lot more intuitively. You dont need to worry about mapping since the S2 is native to traktor and has very tight integration.

Jason Cerna
04-30-2012, 08:19 PM
you need to put in time with the software.

rome wasn't built in a day.

DannyAK
05-01-2012, 08:30 AM
I started out using virtual DJ, its very easy to hit sync and align the beat spikes to beatmatch the song. However traktor requires you to actually listen to your cue and adjust the tempo accordingly, or you can use sync i guess. The more you use traktor the easier it gets and then virtual DJ just doesn't seem fun anymore. If your getting an S2, believe me it's better to start off with traktor than to backtrack to virtual DJ.

DvlsAdvct
05-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, you need a proper sound card, and a proper controller to really use Traktor. You have a lot of options, and the S2 will make a lot of it make a ton more sense, so don't worry about that.

For now just learn your way around, play with the FX, learn how editing tracks with beatgrids and tempo changes and hotcues work so you can have more fun once the controller comes in. :)