PDA

View Full Version : Great live djs

Adzy
04-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Finally saw Dj Hype at the weekend, all I can say is what a treat! Great tunes and double drops, then his live scratching was ace! Don't know why I waited so long to see him! You seen any good djs recently you would Reccomend?

Spar
04-30-2012, 06:40 AM
Finally saw Dj Hype at the weekend, all I can say is what a treat! Great tunes and double drops, then his live scratching was ace! Don't know why I waited so long to see him! You seen any good djs recently you would Reccomend?

He is sickkk, however one thing that lets him down compared to other big dnb dj's is his lack of emotion and enjoyment in music..... i've seen him a few times and he doesn't look in to it these days

andy c :)
fricition :)
icicle :)
alix perez

there all SICK live

The Blackest
04-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Hype is definitely one of my fav djs. He's one of my good friends so I may be a bit biased tho.

Randall
Andy C
Friction
AMC
Dj Marky
Bailey
Crissy Cris
Loxy
D Bridge
LTJ Bukem
Random Movement

Synergy
04-30-2012, 07:19 AM
i didn't know randall was still around?

id love to see some of the older dudes, kenny ken, cool hand flex, jjfrost, randall. high contrast is always good, ltj would be sweet. new jungle wise, i have seen my buddy Tester from Trilogy sound live, that guys insane.

Tommy D
04-30-2012, 07:32 AM
LTJ Bukem for me. Especially if he has Conrad with him :)

Only seen Hype 1 time about 8-9 years ago in a tiny Club in Bristol called the Level (for anyone who remembers) but he was epic!!

The Blackest
04-30-2012, 08:24 AM
i didn't know randall was still around?

The R is always around. Been a hot minute since he's been to the states, but he's still smashin it overseas.

howitzer
04-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Friction always tears up a place.
Ive rate lenzman highly too, he plays my soughta music! Especially when him and Riya did a live rendition of open page.

Ive seen andy C a couple of times. He's great, but im not a massive fan of some of the stuff he puts out on RAM.

Dantron
05-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Sub Focus
Delta Heavy

steeevo
05-01-2012, 03:18 PM
i saw fabio the other day in a tiny pub up birmingham called hare and hounds not a massive turnout of people, he looked out of his face and we thought o great this is gonna be fun! and he smashed it couldnt fault one mix great selection of liquid tunes i rarely hear. nutone was on before him and he sucked

mars.shosh1n
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Sure, dj's have their off days, but I gotta say -- i caught LTJ last year in Boulder (sans Conrad) and was completely disappointed. Boring tracks, emotion-less mixing -- not a SINGLE amen.

Also saw Random Movement out here in Denver about three weeks ago, was pretty shit tbh. The mixing indicated he'd been drinking. A lot.

Maybe I'm jus hatin :shrug:

Also, Icicle is a great dj, but is slipping into dubstep. As is Photek for that matter (saw him last weekend, 15 minutes of dnb into the wonkiest brosteppiest frat music evarrrrrr :facepalm:)

howitzer
05-02-2012, 03:26 AM
I feel ya man. Some of my most respected producers play the most random sets.

Ive seen spectrasoul twice, both times were a bit of a let down. Jubei was really quite boring too.

I s'pose its to be expected though, these people take all their time making sick tunes and promoting as best they can, not necessarily honing their dj skills. The amount of travel these guys put it im suprised they even get a chance to do that!

If anything I enjoy the unknown DJ's more because their only agenda is to play music they love, not loads of random dubplates in no specific order.

Adzy
05-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Saw high contrast a while back as well and really enjoyed his set, was his really easy sorta liquid which is nice with a crowd of people! Crissy cris is wicked as well man! Need to get and see friction sometime.

DTR
05-04-2012, 04:37 AM
andy
alix perez

Dj Marky
LTJ Bukem

fabio

These.

Also Klute. Adam F and Zinc are (were) good, but Zinc left dnb years ago. Not sure about Adam F. Slipmatt is awesome live too but he's not really dnb.

LukeDent
05-12-2012, 01:31 AM
i saw fabio the other day in a tiny pub up birmingham called hare and hounds not a massive turnout of people, he looked out of his face and we thought o great this is gonna be fun! and he smashed it couldnt fault one mix great selection of liquid tunes i rarely hear. nutone was on before him and he sucked

I saw fabio and groove rider have some problems with equipment while playing a house set at global a few years back but that aside they blow me away everytime

The Blackest
05-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Fabio is a don! Been years since I've seen him live, but I remember the last time I saw him he killed it. Real stand up guy as well.

Adam F used to be awful. I think his first dj gig was in DC in the late 90s. Dude was a producer that was learning how to DJ...and was learning at his gigs. LOL! I'll never forget the epic trainwreck of Brand New Funk....

Saw Klute a month or two ago and it was the 2nd best set I've seen this year. Seriously if you see his name on a line up go check him out!!

spirez
06-09-2012, 08:36 PM
I've seen fabio kill it too. Also high contrast and shy FX.

DTR
06-10-2012, 05:42 AM
shy FX.

^^^ Yes

Doppelganger
06-10-2012, 11:20 AM
From what I remember (and this was a few years ago) High Contrast was a pretty dull DJ compared to others. I saw him twice within a few months and he pretty much played the same tunes in both sets and on a few mixes he had come out on CD at the time.

But I used to stalk him back then. :smash:

YungVendrixDNB
06-10-2012, 12:21 PM
I tend to dig the more underground guys(local or less known) as far as live DJs, but out of the more well known cats I think LTJ Bukem is my favorite live DJ.

BuddyUK
06-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Shy fx
remarc

YungVendrixDNB
06-11-2012, 05:50 PM
These.

Also Klute. Adam F and Zinc are (were) good, but Zinc left dnb years ago. Not sure about Adam F. Slipmatt is awesome live too but he's not really dnb.

Adam F I think(don't quote me on it) does more glitch-hop these days.

Danny The Wild Child and AK1200 are my favorite American DNB DJ's to see live. Dieselboy was ok, but I always thought he played tracks too long before blending into the next track(5 minutes or more sometimes is a bit ridiculous when you're spinning hardstyle). Yes I know I just mentioned LTJ. But he spun more progressive stuff than Dieselboy did, so it worked better for him IMO.