PDA

View Full Version : Question about computers and hooking up powered speakers

DjEvesis
04-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi ! So I'm about to buy all my gear, but I got one or two little questions

If I hook up my traktor s4 to my computer, Do I hook up my powered speakers to the controller or to the computer ? I'm pretty sure it's to the controller, but just to be sure :)

Also, would this PC be a good choice ? http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1917616&SRCCODE=CANWCRITEO&cm_mmc_o=-KeCjCgybfwBCjCECjCE

It has 8gb of ram, 3,3 GHz, etc.. It looks like a pretty good pc for digital Djing.

Oh and I also plan on getting taktor audio 6 so I can have timecode for the turntables i'm gonna hook up to my traktor s4.

Thanks !

Bassline Brine
04-29-2012, 10:56 AM
For speakers, you go out of the controller. The sound-card/audio interface is built into the controller, and that's what you want outputting your sound. There should be a label with "master out" or something like that on there.

You can just get the Scratch upgrade to the S4, so getting the Audio 6 is unnecessary. You can plug the turntables directly into the S4 to control the time-code when you get that upgrade, it's one of the nicest features of the S4 in my opinion.

DON'T BUY A DESKTOP. YOU WILL REGRET EVERY SECOND OF IT.

Seriously, get a laptop that has the spec's to run Traktor if you need to. It doesn't have to be overkill, and there are more people with knowledge of this than I. But if you ever want to take your setup in a backpack for a house party, or just chilling with friends, or maybe a club in the future? Good luck trying to do that with a desktop. I'm a Mac guy at this point, but if I had to get anything different, the one caveat would be that it is a laptop.

DjEvesis
04-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh okay then, thanks man ! I appreciate your help. I'm gonna follow your tips and buy a laptop.

Edit: This one looks good ? http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1917485&CatId=4938