PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Scanning (Not star field) lazer for 250$

DJ Higgumz
04-29-2012, 10:16 AM
anyone know of a dmx lazer that can do scans (i know not to scan the crowd)?

noize_unit
04-29-2012, 12:23 PM
I think the cheapest ones run around 300-350 (chauvet), AFAIK, there might be some cheaper ones out there or maybe find one used.

Mystic
04-29-2012, 02:17 PM
X-Laser is the best way to go. They run about $800 for low end I think.

Dave Daschofsky
05-05-2012, 01:20 AM
the american DJ pockets is a DMX Scanner with a laser, kinda hard to find them though.

Nick_EventPro
05-05-2012, 02:41 AM
I have a pair of venue green lasers that scan ill sell you for 300. 2 lasers w controller. Pm me if your interested and ill show you pics.

DJ Higgumz
06-03-2012, 12:11 AM
I saw a shinp brand full color dmx laser for 300$ on eBay new. Is this one of those illegal lasers?

DJ M&M
06-03-2012, 01:04 AM
yes it is

DJ Higgumz
06-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Why do they make a laser that is brighter cheaper than one that is less bright? Crazy Chinese!

Synaxis
06-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Why do they make a laser that is brighter cheaper than one that is less bright? Crazy Chinese!

They Don't.

China makes a laser that costs $150 to produce.

They sell that laser for $300 to American Companies, which in turn sell it to us for $600.

They are simply cutting out the middleman and selling directly to the clients. That's why everything is cheaper, because there is no middleman that has to make money.

But mind you, you probably won't get a warranty, support will suck, and if something goes wrong your screwed.

The extra $300 you would pay to the American company is for the 2-3 year warranty, technical support, and the satisfaction knowing that the products you bought are tested to be safe and legal, ect...

That's how most products are sold...

DJ Higgumz
06-03-2012, 10:42 PM
And still in the end it's illegal. Ugh.

Mystic
06-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Actually, it's because America has standards and regulations that must be followed in order to use these devices.

These cheap Chinese lasers are of shoddy design and they don't follow many of the regulations set by the FDA; regulations that make these devices safer to use.

Something I have been telling people on here for years now: lasers are not toys. These aren't like your scanners and LEDs. There are real dangers to using them that anyone who operates any sort of radiation admitting device needs to be aware of and know how to properly use, which obviously if you have to ask questions like this, you're not educated enough to operate them.

Learn about them before you even consider buying one.

DJ Higgumz
06-04-2012, 06:16 AM
I personally don't like lasers but everyone expects them at neon parties. Are there ways to use these legally, like getting a license?

Mystic
06-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I personally don't like lasers but everyone expects them at neon parties. Are there ways to use these legally, like getting a license?

You need a variance license for any laser you have over 4.9mW in the US that isn't using either fat beam or split beam technologies like Chauvet and ADJ sell.

DJ M&M
06-04-2012, 02:30 PM
the chauvet GBC/GVC is more then plenty for wacky neon parties, if your down to apply for a variance, then look at X-laser or Microh, they offer some bigger and better lasers.

hoff
06-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I have the american dj galaxian sky and it's probably the most impressive non-scan lazers I've seen. The beams are hella thick n bright, and with a bit of haze it looks more like a professional scanning lazer than split beam. The galaxian 3d looks like a childs toy when set up in the same room.

DJ Higgumz
06-07-2012, 07:10 PM
I have the american dj galaxian sky and it's probably the most impressive non-scan lazers I've seen. The beams are hella thick n bright, and with a bit of haze it looks more like a professional scanning lazer than split beam. The galaxian 3d looks like a childs toy when set up in the same room.

that's all i'm looking for... even has dmx. what is the difference between this and professional, besides multi color?

DJ M&M
06-07-2012, 08:39 PM
patterns, control and varitey. with a sky laser ur stuck to sky effects

Mystic
06-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Keep in mind that the videos ADJ makes are optimal conditions which you won't have at most gigs.

The biggest differences as M&M said will be patterns and control, but it also has a much lower output and you won't be able to do that much sought after liquid sky effect. Galaxian Sky has an effect that tries to mimic it, but it's not the same.

DJ M&M
06-07-2012, 10:35 PM
the GBC does the sky effect perfectly, this is what mystic is saying about the galaxian sky, because ADJ relies on horizontal scanning to create there sky effect you get like a glitching look. The GBC puts out a solid horizontal beam which can be roatated and scanned left to right small to big, etc... and it doesnt look like its glitching. You get what you pay for, if your going to buy a laser do it proper and get one that is worthwhile.

DJ Higgumz
06-07-2012, 11:16 PM
The video I saw was a users video. I think it would be all I need, I don't want to require a variance, and the amount of total run time in the night wouldn't justify spending over 400 on it. Anything more than that would be better put in some moving heads. Idk those are some thoughts, I don't know much about lasers and don't want to get into them, I just want a little bit to please the crowd