PDA

View Full Version : Whats new for 2.0

Stripe
01-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Other than the obvious, and still needing to manually import a metric shit ton of past articles and tutorials.

A slightly revamped look for 2.0 along with the new version of vb.

Submission area is now split into its own area for both mix and production submissions.
Submission area now has genre tags

Thread polls are parsed to the front content section for more activity.

Added option to share links to social sites. (facebook, twitter, google+, etc.) This is located on the bottom left under bookmarks.

And yes, we have moved far away from prior hellhost

FireyFate
02-06-2012, 11:04 AM
[please_don't_ban_me_] Can we have a database error for a period of 8 minutes, 4 times a day? The race to submit a post was fun! [/please_don't_ban_me_]

Congrats on the relaunch!

Stripe
02-06-2012, 11:27 AM
[please_don't_ban_me_] Can we have a database error for a period of 8 minutes, 4 times a day? The race to submit a post was fun! [/please_don't_ban_me_]

Congrats on the relaunch!

:squint:

DJMC
02-06-2012, 11:33 AM
How do you change the nickname from "New Member" to something else?

DJMC is a Sacramento Wedding DJ (http://www.dj-mc.com) who specializes in non-cheesy receptions and private events.

Sween
02-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Pony up for VIP or keep posting until you reach the next level.

Stripe
02-06-2012, 11:37 AM
you cant.. its based off of post count. It changes along the way.

On the old board we had
beginner dj
bedroom dj
club dj
etc..

it would change as the post counts increased.

Sween
02-06-2012, 11:39 AM
you cant.. its based off of post count. It changes along the way.

On the old board we had
beginner dj
bedroom dj
club dj
etc..

it would change as the post counts increased.

So what's the new hierarchy after New Member?

(Obviously Pez Enthusiast is maxxed out)

DJMC
02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
So what's the new hierarchy after New Member?

(Obviously Pez Enthusiast is maxxed out)

Enquiring minds wanna know!!!

DJMC is a Sacramento Wedding DJ (http://www.dj-mc.com) who specializes in non-cheesy receptions and private events.

Stripe
02-06-2012, 12:11 PM
junior member.. I really havent given the title ranks anything special yet.

DJMC
02-06-2012, 02:01 PM
How many for "Junior Member" (next level).

I rushed a few posts out, to get up to 30 (normally, the threshold at most other sites) and still says "New Member."

DJ MC is a Sacramento Wedding DJ (http://www.dj-mc.com) who specializes in non-cheesy reception and private events.

Symo
02-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Well done on the reaunch, Marc kept me informed in the Dark Age (as it will now be known).

Dix
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Something I wish was possible (hence the thread - whats new in 2.0) is being able to insert an image/file/etc from your drive as well as from the web.
For example: there is a thread titled "post your pic". Well I cant. I don't have any pics on the web as a source. I do have pics downloaded to my PC. If I have files like a contract I want/need to post... I cant. I don't have a contract out there on the web but, I do have it on my PC.

For example, I was able to upload my avatar from my computer.. why not allow us to upload to a thread? Just askin' cause I don't know. Is there a problem with that or is it just not a good policy to allow it? I know it couldn't be done in the old forum either....

NickJames
02-06-2012, 04:27 PM
For example: there is a thread titled "post your pic". Well I cant. I don't have any pics on the web as a source. I do have pics downloaded to my PC. If I have files like a contract I want/need to post... I cant. I don't have a contract out there on the web but, I do have it on my PC.

http://www.imgur.com/
- Click "Computer"
- Select the File
- Click "Start Upload"
- Wait
- On the right find the "Direct Link" and copy it down.

Free, no registration required, no limits.

Dix
02-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks Nick! Good info & + rep.... but again whats wrong with just making an option for this? There is a "insert image" icon in the quick reply already. Why not just make an option for this just like for uploading an avatar? It gives an option to upload from the web or your drive.

Again, just askin' cause I don't know. I am not a computer guru by any means. :)

TC

-J
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Something I wish was possible (hence the thread - whats new in 2.0) is being able to insert an image/file/etc from your drive as well as from the web.

For example, I was able to upload my avatar from my computer.. why not allow us to upload to a thread? Just askin' cause I don't know. Is there a problem with that or is it just not a good policy to allow it? I know it couldn't be done in the old forum either....

You can attach images, you just need to be in the full WYSIWYG editor. To get there, click Reply twice.

Andrew B
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks Nick! Good info & + rep.... but again whats wrong with just making an option for this? There is a "insert image" icon in the quick reply already. Why not just make an option for this just like for uploading an avatar? It gives an option to upload from the web or your drive.

Again, just askin' cause I don't know. I am not a computer guru by any means. :)

TC

We were testing that option in the standard reply panel before the re-launch, and it ended up being more troublesome than it was worth.

Dix
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
You can attach images, you just need to be in the full WYSIWYG editor. To get there, click Reply twice.

Thank you... I had to do some experimenting but I figured it out. Thanks a bunch! I do appreciate it :)

We were testing that option in the standard reply panel before the re-launch, and it ended up being more troublesome than it was worth.

Thanks Andrew.. That answered my question about why.. & good to see you again :)

Stripe
02-06-2012, 05:12 PM

you should be able to upload images. It can not be done through quick reply. double click on post reply. In the reply post editor, you should see a paper clip icon. click that and you should get the popup to upload an image :).

Stripe
02-06-2012, 05:13 PM

that was different :).

-J
02-06-2012, 05:19 PM
you should be able to upload images. It can not be done through quick reply. double click on post reply. In the reply post editor, you should see a paper clip icon. click that and you should get the popup to upload an image :).

If only someone mentioned that earlier... (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?66-Whats-new-for-2-0&p=5647&viewfull=1#post5647)

:P

Dix
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM

Thank you Stripe! :)

Stripe
02-06-2012, 05:39 PM
no problem, let me know if you have any questions :)

oliosky
02-09-2012, 08:47 PM
where is my user cp thing? I can't handle change.

Stripe
02-09-2012, 08:54 PM
top right, its now called settings ;)

oliosky
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
aaaa ha!