PDA

View Full Version : 1st time attempt to fix/refurb a 1210mk2, help needed

Ver Jaina
04-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Hi all,

This would be a very noob thread & possibly with a lot of 'how to' questions. I'm on my own here with limited resources except for forums & youtube, so please bear with me :)
And also apologize for my writing coz English & grammar is not my best subject :P

After searching for so long for my other unit of 1210mk2, i finally decided to bite the bullet & go the ebay route.
Now the thing has arrived, but not in a really good situation...the cover got smashed to pieces (thanks to rough handling, and long distance between UK to Malaysia), the body has lots of scratches & wear...but that's not the main problem. thinking of a paint job later & will eventually buy a replacement cover.

Powered up the unit, it still works as it should..everything looks fine. Pitch is ok.
The major problem i have now is the height adjust thing & also the silver Lock knob on the tone arm assembly, was stuck.
The lever that raises the tone arm seems not working very well. it takes a long time to reset back after the lever has been pushed down when compared to my existing 1210 (reset back into position almost instantly).
Lastly the 33/45 button seems not that 'sensitive', had to push it hard & 2-3 times for it to work.

So these are the major findings...appreciate any help from you all :)

dj_vc
05-03-2012, 10:28 AM
check this video on youtube http://youtu.be/_xJs7J1RViU