PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to record a mix?

edean
04-24-2012, 05:42 PM
I've searched the forum and cant seem to find any threads on this??? :eek::eek::eek: Help! :lol:

Anyway I have been DJing a while now but need to record some professional quality mixes which I can burn to CD for promotional use.

My current set-up it my Laptop and Kontrol S4 with traktor pro 2. What is the best way of recording mixes?

I know some people use Adobe Audition but would this be right for my set-up? If so what do I need to connect to where?

Thanks for any help! I'm going to need it! :lol::lol::lol:

mostapha
04-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Use Traktor's internal recording…set your levels properly…and then normalize it in Audacity. You can apply some compression/limiting if you want, but be very careful…and you don't really need it.

If you can't get a good recording like that, you're doing something wrong and no amount of plugins, hardware, software, or anything else will help.

Just as a side-note: I've used everything to record sets from Traktor internal recording to a mixer run into Audacity to Pro Tools or Logic. If you set your levels properly and use a not-crap audio interface (or route everything internally with the computer…like you would be with Traktor's internal recording) there's no problems with the quality. Lots of awesome stuff was recorded on much crappier gear.

Synergy
04-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Use Traktor's internal recording…set your levels properly…and then normalize it in Audacity. You can apply some compression/limiting if you want, but be very careful…and you don't really need it.

If you can't get a good recording like that, you're doing something wrong and no amount of plugins, hardware, software, or anything else will help.

this will work perfectly.

prODucer
04-24-2012, 08:26 PM
I use audacity and other than it shutting down one mid mix every so often, it does the job. ;)

edean
04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Cheers for the advice guys I will try that and let you know how I get on. :)