PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting Tech House Battle: prOducer vs dj daywalker

JonAvalon
04-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Mix 1 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/prODucer-vs-djdaywalker-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/prODucer-vs-djdaywalker-2.mp3)

Rules:
-mix must be between 20-30 minutes in length.
-no post production effects or editing.
-no usage of any auto beatmatching tools. mixing by ear only.

prODucer
04-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Good luck daywalker. Gonna have a listen to yours right away.

BurntToast
04-24-2012, 02:10 PM
I liked both mixes a lot. The deciding factor was that I liked the songs in the 2nd mix just slightly more. Looking forward to pulling these both out again later.

prODucer
04-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks for voting BurntToast. Glad u enjoyed the mixes.

Ness
04-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Listening now. Wooooooo, Mokba!!!

m:cake
04-25-2012, 02:33 AM
soooo..

mix #1 i really liked the trackselection and also the beatmatching was not bad, but you should def. use your EQ more/take the bass a bit down. (or maybe it were just my crappy speakers ^^)

mix #2 altough i liked the tracks from mix #1 better i felt this mix more - the transitions were more on spot imo and also better EQing

so i m going with mix #2 - but it was a close one for me! keep it up guys! :music:

prODucer
04-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Bump for some more voters....

dj daywalker
04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
come on voters! The is house music other than electro house!!!

Spife
04-30-2012, 10:12 AM
good time to figure out my stance on tech house i guess, i'll give these a listen when ever I find time this week zzzz

prODucer
04-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Ya lets keep the votes a coming...

dj daywalker
05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
heeeyyyyy

mrkleen
05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Not feeling the music selection in either mix....but that is more subjective.

Mix #1

The mixing is fine, but very short and to the point.
Also there is no real energy being built through the mixing, you start to rise things up and then the next mix just fizzles.
Not bad by any means, but nothing special.

Mix #2

If possible, this one takes the cheesy level from mix one and ups it one notch - at least to start. Guantanamera, really?
Mixing here is solid, again nothing special...just simple transitions, but no mistakes or anything.

I voted for mix #2. Technically they are both passable - but clearly immature in their programming.

prODucer
05-16-2012, 02:49 PM
congrats dj daywalker! it was a pleasure.

DMG
05-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Not feeling the music selection in either mix....but that is more subjective.

Mix #1

The mixing is fine, but very short and to the point.
Also there is no real energy being built through the mixing, you start to rise things up and then the next mix just fizzles.
Not bad by any means, but nothing special.

Mix #2

If possible, this one takes the cheesy level from mix one and ups it one notch - at least to start. Guantanamera, really?
Mixing here is solid, again nothing special...just simple transitions, but no mistakes or anything.

I voted for mix #2. Technically they are both passable - but clearly immature in their programming.

Wow made me laugh a little but out of embarrassment for the 2 dj's. If you didn't like the music that's fine but add a nail to the board your beating them with lol.

prODucer
05-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah some of these people talk like they make 100 grand per gig when really they probably dj in their bedrooms to a crowd of one ;)

Thanks for the feedback though. Always appreciated!

mrkleen
05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
What a bunch of pussy ass cry babies on DJF lately.

You DONKEYS are the ones who agree to enter a battle. No one forces you to. Yet if you dont like the results or the comments - you whine like a bunch of bitches.

I took the time to listen to your shitty mix. I took the time to bother to write a review (unlike most people who just vote with no explanation) and I dropped my opinion. The fact that you dont like what I had to say - is immaterial to the process.

prODucer
05-18-2012, 05:00 PM
No worries. This pussy ass cry baby will wipe his tears and keep trying to get better. Especially now that I know that my mix is shitty.

prODucer
05-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Seriously tho. I don't wanna cause a big fight here. I appreciate the time you took to listen AND leave feedback. I will keep trying to improve and get better. Sorry for the stupid thin I said. You sound like u know what u are talking about so u probably do. ;)

mrkleen
05-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Seriously tho. I don't wanna cause a big fight here. I appreciate the time you took to listen AND leave feedback. I will keep trying to improve and get better. Sorry for the stupid thin I said. You sound like u know what u are talking about so u probably do. ;)

I can be harsh at times.....and by no means is what I say more than an opinion. I just dont appreciate it when people ask for your opinion and then give you a hard time about it when it isnt a big pat on the back.

mantis
05-19-2012, 12:46 AM
mrkleens comments are fair and direct and not really insulting or rude. He gave some very good feedback and if i were you two i'd listen to what he said. He mentioned maturity in track selection / programming and I see nothing wrong with that. Its simple, if you can keep the worst critic happy, you know you have some talent.

Simon Cowel is harsh on the idols people but he makes some fair comments too. Id work to get good feedback from mrkleen - when that happens i know that i'd be better than most

prODucer
05-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Yep I agree. I know I need work in those areas if not ALL areas of DJing. I tend to very lazy when it comes to programming a mix. I gather a bunch of tracks that I like at the time and I shove them together. No excuses and no hard feelings. Keep the feedback coming. I guess I was just frustrated that I still throw out lack luster mixes because I keep making the same mistakes! Haha