PDA

View Full Version : Pinterest

Sween
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
So who's using it?

I originally wrote it off because it's a chick thing... But now I'm realizing my brides are chicks... Duh.

How do we take advantage?

Dix
04-23-2012, 04:51 PM
I have never been to the site. So, in short I cant help with your question. But.... My wife will sit and look at it for hours!

Good luck, maybe someone will provide some ideas :)

Sween
04-23-2012, 06:54 PM
It's like a pin board where girls share stuff....

If men got their hands on it we would put up pictures of beer and naked chicks and cars...

I don't even know how it works. I requested an invite. Women love this site... and if I can get my brand in front of people on there...

Mystic
04-23-2012, 08:43 PM
My wife is addicted to that damn site. Granted, there are a lot of good ideas in the crafty section, but I hear about it CONSTANTLY.

"And today on Pinterest I saw..."

disbjohn
04-23-2012, 09:59 PM
There was a new segment that was talking about how brides are using pinterest to get ideas and what not.

Dix
04-24-2012, 05:10 AM
There was a new segment that was talking about how brides are using pinterest to get ideas and what not.

Yeah, there is a wedding section but I am not sure quite how you could market yourself there other than just pinning a logo or a pic of your setup with your business name & location.

Sween
04-24-2012, 08:21 AM
It's networking. I'm on it.

Started pinning up things that I think would interest brides... Most beautiful wedding venues in Philly... Best dance artists... Fantastic wedding lighting ideas... Etc.

This site IS the next big thing.

frankwite
04-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Yeah my wife is always on there pinning this and that for hours...I looked at it and it's full of other women pinning things! I opted out, because it sinces to be a chick site. LOL! Out of 100 women I saw one guy. So no thanks.

Sween
04-24-2012, 11:36 AM
But as a business who caters to brides is that not a dream come true?

Being the only guy on there...

I'm shutting my mouth. Stay off it... It's only for chicks.

DJMC
04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
EVERY WEB SITE IS USEFUL.

I signed up with "Pinterest" (what a dumb name) -- also signed up with "FanBox" and "HipSwap" and every other web startup:

Here's why: LINKS, LINKS, & more LINKS!!!

Just filling out your "profile" and placing a URL or Hypertext link, will benefit your main web site!

frankwite
04-24-2012, 12:31 PM
But as a business who caters to brides is that not a dream come true?

Being the only guy on there...

I'm shutting my mouth. Stay off it... It's only for chicks.

Sounds great! Let us know how that works out for ya! All in all it's free advertising (ie craigslist) if someone decides to pin you and spread your name. It's worth a shot I say! Good luck.

jazzyj
04-24-2012, 12:43 PM
We use it quite a bit. It's not just girls... btw.. lol smh.

But yes TONS of Brides use it to "pin"/share ideas for weddings. Just sign up - make one for your company, and start re-pinning :) or just pinning. Your website, your quote page, your equipment, pics of your setup, etc.

Think of it as a G-rated Tumblr although I have seen some nakedness on it at times. lol

DJMC
04-24-2012, 12:44 PM
The internet is like an old adage:

"Throw a whole bunch of SH1T against the wall, and surely *some* of it will stick!"

DJWhiteChoco
04-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Pinterest is REDDIT for women!!

Mystic
04-25-2012, 02:23 AM
This site IS the next big thing.
I was talking to my wife about this thread. I believe it's big time has come and gone. Already, businesses are using it as a tool to advertise themselves. It's only a matter of time now before the whole site is overrun by companies looking to "use technology and social networking to promote their products". Anytime a company can spread their corporate feces where people can see it, they do.

RodneyL
04-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Pinterest is REDDIT for women!!

I spend way too much time on Reddit. lol

DJWhiteChoco
04-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I spend way too much time on Reddit. lol

The only reason I can work..... Love Reddit!