PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DJM-400 Sound Issue

insomniyack
04-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm having a problem where if there is any sound on channel 2 you can ALWAYS slightly hear it on channel 1. I've tried changing the crossfader settings, switching from CD to PHONO, turning the volume all the way down on channel 2, and a few other things but you can always slightly hear whatever song is playing on channel 2. The ONLY way to get rid of it is to slide the channel 1 volume fader all the way down but this makes it unusable as a mixer.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks for any help!!

Synergy
04-23-2012, 03:15 PM
sounds like the fader is going bad. you can try using some fader lube? you can replace the cross fader.

DTR
04-23-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure about it being a fader because swapping between CD and Phono should get rid of it. At least it would on an analogue mixer. These digital things are black magic...

insomniyack
04-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Could it maybe be just the volume fader for channel 1? I don't think it's the crossfader cause no matter where it's at or what fader setting it's on I can still hear it bleeding through.

DTR
04-24-2012, 09:41 AM
It's not the channel one fader because the channel 2 signal shouldn't be going near it in the first place.
I don't think it's a bleeding channel two fader because the crossfader should cut it out, and vice versa.

With channel one fader fully up, and channel one cued in the headphones, can you still hear channel two in the phones?

insomniyack
04-24-2012, 03:06 PM
For your question if I still hear channel two in the phones...yes I do.

And I notice if I put the crossfader completely to the 2nd channel and the volume slider for channel 2 is at zero there is no sound but as soon as I bring it over to the left side it gets noisier and I can hear whatever is playing on the 2nd channel.

DTR
04-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Definately not the faders then. You'll have to take it in for a service

insomniyack
04-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Anything that I could fix myself without sending away? I can't go too long without my mixer.

Pri yon Joni
05-22-2012, 10:25 PM
make a video and show us, maybe we can trouble shoot

jdtheishman
05-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Sounds like crossfader bleed. Back in the day we used to spray it with contact spray and let it sit for a few secs, then work the fader back and forth until it felt right (dumb statement right? :teef:) That usually did it but hmmm, I just don't know if I would trust using contact spray on today's mixers.

DTR
05-23-2012, 10:10 AM
It is not crossfader bleed, the symptoms are wrong.

Marc S
05-24-2012, 03:12 AM
^^i agree, i'm not sure what it is, but fader bleed it is definitely not,

jdtheishman
05-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Yea I went back and read a few times. I agree it does sound like a unique issue.