PDA

View Full Version : Vestax PMC 05 pro III or Ecler 310? Advice please

Beagle
04-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi all,

I'm feeling it's about time to dust off my old 1200s, so I'm after a new scratch mixer.
I'm not looking to spend loads of money, say about £200 so I'm thinking about a second hand Vestax or Ecler. How do they compare?
I'm really looking for a quality fader with good curve, best build quality and sound quality (would prefer TRS or XLR outputs).

Or for similar money how about the Numark X5? Is this any good (I'm wary of Numark build quality though).

Cheers!

pete
04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Had the Ecler for a decade and it still holds up.
It has more features than the Vestax overall and is a good 5 years or more younger in the technology sense.
The sound and EQ are nice, and it is a real bare-bones mixer, designed for mixing and cutting two tracks together.
The faders are not buttery smooth, but you can replace them with innofader if you are really into cutting.

Generally there are DJs on this board. Generally they don't have anything bad to say about Ecler.

Beagle
04-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks Pete. I went for the Ecler - can't wait for it to turn up!

pete
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
You're welcome, post back with your thoughts when you give it a test run.

The only question I think you could ask about this mixer is "where's the master monitor on the level meters". The answer is there is no need with this mixer - just make sure the levels for each channel don't push to high into the red and you're fine.