PDA

View Full Version : Numark NS6 Or Pioneer DDJ-S1, DDJ-T1

jayelkolombiano
02-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone, wanted to know a few things, and hear your opinions on Numark NS6, Pioneer DDJ-S1, DDJ-T1 I'm thinking one of getting one of both.
Thanks..!

DYM
02-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Wait it out and go for the NS4... was announced at NAMM and you might have to wait a bit, but I think it would be a smart idea.

Somedj
02-07-2012, 08:26 AM
What are you playing with now? That would kind of help you pick your next setup. I know MANY cdj users have said the ddj-s1/t1 is very similar in form and function as the traditional cdj1000.

jayelkolombiano
02-07-2012, 06:48 PM
What are you playing with now? That would kind of help you pick your next setup. I know MANY cdj users have said the ddj-s1/t1 is very similar in form and function as the traditional cdj1000.

Well Right Now My equipment is a Hercules DJ Console RMX... had it for a few years and I'm ready for a update...

Chay
02-07-2012, 10:47 PM
All of those are excellent controllers, although I would suggest you go to a store and try them out and see which fits you best :tup:

[O/][iii][O/]
02-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey everyone, wanted to know a few things, and hear your opinions on Numark NS6, Pioneer DDJ-S1, DDJ-T1 I'm thinking one of getting one of both.
Thanks..!

I trial ran both the NS6 and DDJ-S1 extensively when selecting a mid-size controller solution for Serato ITCH. For my usage, I found the contest between the two wasn't even close with the Numark easily winning out over the Pioneer. I've also been using both Serato Scratch Live + ITCH and Traktor Scratch Pro 2 for some time and recently decided to go 100% SSL/ITCH for now because it does more that I want than TSP2 so the DDJ-TI you have listed wasn't relevant to the controller choices.

Here's why I chose the NS6:

Separate Booth Outputs/Control
NS6: Yes
DDJ-S1: No

Decks/Channels
NS6: 4
DDJ-S1: 2

Stand Alone Mixer
NS6: Yes (4 line + 2 phono)

Construction Material
NS6: Anodized Aluminum
DDJ-S1: Painted Plastic

Platter Diameter
NS6: 6"
DDJ-S1: 4.5"

Chassis Width
NS6: 24"
DDJ-S1: 27"

Cost (List)
NS6: $1.3K
DDJ-S1: $1.6K

Not that cost really matters in choosing pro gear, but Pioneer is charging quite a bit more for less features and less quality IMO. Overall the DDJ-S1 feels like a cheap kids' toy that's missing many desired and essential features whereas the NS6 has practically everything and feels like a true professional instrument.

My only complaint to date about the NS6 (besides the goofy fake 45 adapters silkscreened on the platters which is easily remedied (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?560-Numark-NS6-anti-bling-platters-mod)) is the poor metering section. A 4-channel machine really should have individual meters for each channel. I'm also not a fan of plastic pot shafts, but they both use them.

Hope this helps.

DJ Highline
02-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Well I think the first thing you have to do is decide which platform you want to go with; Serato Itch or Traktor/VDJ. Both platforms have some phenomenal controllers. I think the next thing you have to decide is if you want/need a true mixer or if you are ok with mixing going through the computer. You also have to decide is how many channels that you need. Personally the controllers that entice me the most from the two platforms are:

Traktor/VDJ
Denon MC-6000 (this is what I own)
Denon MC-3000
NI S4
NI S2
Numark 4Trak (not released yet)
Pioneer DDJ-T1

Serato Itch
Numark NS6
Vestax VCI-400
Reloop Terminal 4
Novation Twitch
Pioneer DDJ-S1

But the best advice is to try and get your hands on them and play...

JohnnyGraz
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I've used both. Although some people seem to swear up and down that the jog-wheels of the DDJ-S1 remind them of CDJ jog wheels, I personally find that they are very cheap feeling and made of flimsy material. Actually, now that I think of it, the CDJ's are cheap feeling as well... :lol:

With the NS6 you get more features, a nice controller and most importantly, something that feels as if it were built to LAST, whereas the DDJ-S1 does not.

djdran
02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
i have the NS6, and i love it... standalone mixer, decent scratching on it, excellent build quality, and it has tons of features.. and its priced very well.. ive had mine for about 6months and its working great!

to gigs/clubs where i need to bring my own equipment, i always bring my NS6, its soo much easier to carry then my turntables/mixer. At the same time, i don't need to worry about quality, cuz this thing is build like a tank!

djshy
02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
I've owned the ns6 and now currently have the ddj... I can honestly say I like the NS6 better... it had a better feel as far as scratching (with the new crossfader plate) and the thing was built like a tank....

so..if anyone wants to trade a ddj-s1 for an ns6..let me know! lol

DJWhiteChoco
02-09-2012, 11:44 AM
pssl.com has the ddj-s1 on sale for 785$

[O/][iii][O/]
02-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Pro Audio Star has the NS6 (new/open box) on sale for $759 (+ free shipping) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NUMARK-NS6-NS-6-Digital-DJ-Controller-Serato-Itch-PROAUDIOSTAR-B-/290668636038?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item43ad336786)

Pro Audio Star has the NS6 (new/sealed box) on sale for $799 (+ free shipping) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NUMARK-NS6-NS-6-Digital-DJ-Controller-Serato-Itch-PROAUDIOSTAR-/300660135271?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item4600bd9567#ht_6514wt_1398)

djnotapplicable
02-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I considered all of these controllers myself somewhat recently. I ended up going a whole different direction, but this is what my thoughts are on these controllers. DDJ-T1 is a no go. It felt cheap and had no XLR output. The DDJ-S1 still felt cheap, but at least it had decent outputs. The NS6 feels great, looks great, features both booth and main output, layout makes sense, etc. I would go with the NS6 hands down

electricsmooth
02-14-2012, 01:08 PM
ns7fx

djnotapplicable
02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
ns7fx

...not one of his options? lol
BUTTT that is what I ended up getting. I LOVE it!

jayelkolombiano
02-16-2012, 03:33 PM
[iii][O/];8977']I trial ran both the NS6 and DDJ-S1 extensively when selecting a mid-size controller solution for Serato ITCH. For my usage, I found the contest between the two wasn't even close with the Numark easily winning out over the Pioneer. I've also been using both Serato Scratch Live + ITCH and Traktor Scratch Pro 2 for some time and recently decided to go 100% SSL/ITCH for now because it does more that I want than TSP2 so the DDJ-TI you have listed wasn't relevant to the controller choices.

Here's why I chose the NS6:

Separate Booth Outputs/Control
NS6: Yes

Decks/Channels
NS6: 4
DDJ-S1: 2

Stand Alone Mixer
NS6: Yes (4 line + 2 phono)

Construction Material
NS6: Anodized Aluminum
DDJ-S1: Painted Plastic

Platter Diameter
NS6: 6"
DDJ-S1: 4.5"

Chassis Width
NS6: 24"
DDJ-S1: 27"

Cost (List)
NS6: $1.3K
DDJ-S1: $1.6K

Not that cost really matters in choosing pro gear, but Pioneer is charging quite a bit more for less features and less quality IMO. Overall the DDJ-S1 feels like a cheap kids' toy that's missing many desired and essential features whereas the NS6 has practically everything and feels like a true professional instrument.

My only complaint to date about the NS6 (besides the goofy fake 45 adapters silkscreened on the platters which is easily remedied (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?560-Numark-NS6-anti-bling-platters-mod)) is the poor metering section. A 4-channel machine really should have individual meters for each channel. I'm also not a fan of plastic pot shafts, but they both use them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks For The Info That really Helps... I'm Deciding on the NS6 because u can map the MIDI Controller to Different Software right now I used Traktor Pro 2 So I Decide to Used Traktor Or Serato Itch I Have the Choice Of Choosing From Both Programs. I Would Love to get NS7 But The Cost Is too High (US $)..

bheinz63
02-16-2012, 04:05 PM
If youre going to use traktor wait for the numark 4trak. Its a numark ns6 designed for use with traktor so you wont have to spend time making a new mapping

jayelkolombiano
02-21-2012, 02:58 PM
If youre going to use traktor wait for the numark 4trak. Its a numark ns6 designed for use with traktor so you wont have to spend time making a new mapping

Thats Is True... But IDK I Just Don't Want To Just Only Used Traktor Pro... Sometime I Would Like To Used Serato Itch.. But IDK Yet I'm Maybe Just Going to Wait Until It Comes Out And Try It Out And Find The Final Decision.

fat8ack
02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks For The Info That really Helps... I'm Deciding on the NS6 because u can map the MIDI Controller to Different Software right now I used Traktor Pro 2 So I Decide to Used Traktor Or Serato Itch I Have the Choice Of Choosing From Both Programs. I Would Love to get NS7 But The Cost Is too High (US $)..

I dont really like the mapping for Traktor and the NS6. But it was not mt own .tsi I got it from the NS6 site. The reason is because the FX control and filters on TP2 just (to me) dont really flow with TP2, just my honest opinion. Now if you really love Traktor there is the 4 trak out now from Numark and it is very similar to the NS6 in design but adds an FX control to the top of it, sort of a mod. Thing looks pretty beast for Traktor folks.

Al in all I just love my NS6 and it was a major game changer for me.

Edit: In a little lat on the 4trak, my bad.

Roshanbhoj
02-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Glad to hear so much positive stuff about the NS6. I'm looking to get one sometime when I get the money saved up.

To OP, glad to hear you got the NS7. Solid choice. You'll be happy you got it for years to come!

jayelkolombiano
02-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks For The Info All And All The Help I Ended up Going Fully Traktor... I Went And Got A Traktor Kontrol S4...