PDA

View Full Version : First longer mix, any criticism?

EBiddy
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I didn't get any feedback in the mix submissions thread, and I didn't expect to as most of that stuff is way more advanced than mine. This is my third mix and first one longer than 15 minutes. If anyone has the time could you listen and provide some feedback? I'd really appreciate it!

http://soundcloud.com/dj-ebiddy/ebiddys-finals-week-power-half

Thanks!

BurntToast
04-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Track list?

EBiddy
04-25-2012, 02:59 AM
Action (3LAU Extended)-Tristan Garner
Set Fire (3LAU Bootleg)-Michael Calfan
Swag-J Flash
Cobra-Hardwell
Antidote-Swedish House Mafia & Knife Party
Tourniquet-Knife Party
Save The World (Knife Party Remix)-Swedish House Mafia
Dyro-Metaphore
Pressure (Alesso Radio Edit)-Nadia Ali
Love Comes Again (Hardwell Rework)-Tiesto
Calling (Lose My Mind)-Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso
Midnight Run-Example

LukeDent
04-25-2012, 07:27 AM
I liked the way the mix progressed from hard and thumping to hands in the air. Some of the transitions were pretty sweet but at the beginning there was some mistakes with phrases I felt and the effects were a bit ott. One more thing. Lots of the same artists in there. Judging by your track selection I'd recommend you look up porter Robinson, zedd and chuckie. Overall it was quite solid. I enjoyed it so well done.

EBiddy
04-25-2012, 08:15 AM
I liked the way the mix progressed from hard and thumping to hands in the air. Some of the transitions were pretty sweet but at the beginning there was some mistakes with phrases I felt and the effects were a bit ott. One more thing. Lots of the same artists in there. Judging by your track selection I'd recommend you look up porter Robinson, zedd and chuckie. Overall it was quite solid. I enjoyed it so well done.

Thank you sir, some of the outro looping screwed over because I'm still using vdj le until mid-May when I'm getting Traktor and its looping is poop, but I definately want to work on my phrasing.