PDA

View Full Version : Any plans on up****** the Mixcloud player now that Flash is officially discontinued?

Rek_Aviles
01-06-2021, 01:47 PM
title says it all

KLH
01-10-2021, 10:28 AM
If you're asking if DJF admins have any plans to upgrade the vBulletin software in order to get new capabilities... then... maybe.

The issue is that we're on an older version of vBulletin. To move to anything new, we're talking a major undertaking. It'll probably be faster to rebuild and relaunch DJF in a new vBulletin than upgrade the many many versions to the current.

Rek_Aviles
02-16-2021, 01:40 PM
I say do it. No disrespect but at this point it feels as if the site is still up just for the old members to drop by and reminisce for a bit. I know it holds it's place in internet history when clubbing and the internet came together (ClubNYC.com represent) but who really remembers that anymore?

Ok, I do.... So the question now becomes, what is the purpose of this site? After losing most of the DJF1.0 content and can no longer keep up with the other sites, the only option is rebuild as there isn't much incentive to stick around.

btw - my 2 DIGIT password still works on clubplanet.com :lol: :lol: feel free to find me and hack it.

KLH
03-02-2021, 08:43 AM
So the question now becomes, what is the purpose of this site?
The purpose of the site is to have a place where DJs can help each other learn the craft - mixing equipment, sound reinforcement, lighting, and performance techniques. Yes, there's been content loss from v1, but there's still a wealth of content in this v2.

Sorry about taking so long to answer. I didn't see the question.