PDA

View Full Version : DJM 800 Master 2 Problem

Ballo
04-23-2012, 04:53 AM
I've just started working at venue with a somewhat messy setup to say the least.

They use Nightlife, 2X900's and a DJM 800, however the way it was set up, meant that when using the decks, the sound could only be heard on the dance floor, with the bar speakers continuing to play Nightlife, which is obviously not ideal.

I have figured out a way of overcoming this problem using the master 2 output for the bar speakers and continuing to use the XLR out for the dance floor speakers, which seemed fine in theory, however for whatever reason I'm not getting any sound though master 2. The problem is not related to the RCA cable, as it works fine when I use rec out, but I would rather not do this as there's no control over the level.

So does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem? I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious, master ATT is set to -12, not sure if that's relevant , however it could just be a case of that output not working, the mixer has not been well looked after at all, the floor is outside and they are left out there all the time with only a towel to cover them, the dust and dirt problem is severe, the whole setup is in desperate need of a major service and a road case is must. If it is simply a case of poorly kept equipment failing, how difficult would the fix be? Could it just be a case of opening it up and spraying with some compressed air?

Rothgery
04-23-2012, 05:40 AM
I might be missing something here, please explain ''Nightlife''.

The master ATT should be set at 0, dependent on the setup, are they running through powered speakers or passive with amps? Would it possible to connect the bar speakers through the TRS connection?

Ballo
04-23-2012, 05:57 AM
Ah sorry, I forgot Nightlife was only used in Australia.... It's a very easy to use subscription service that plays music either automatically or via basic user input, occasionally used for "DJing", but doing so is akin to cueing up songs using Winamp and calling yourself a DJ, very commonly found in pubs/clubs here in Aus http://www.nightlife.com.au/index.php.

Could the ATT being set at -12 be the issue then? I didn't think this was the issue as there's no problem with the XLR master output. All speakers are passive. Do you mean using the booth monitor output? If so, yes that could be an option, as there is no foldback.