PDA

View Full Version : Trance Uplifting Remix of Katy Perry's E.T.

SVK
02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey everyone, it's good to be back.

Here's my most recent track that I made. I decided the original instrumental for this track was good, but didn't quite fit the personality of the vocals. My remix changes the direction of this track and takes it into uplifting territory.

All comments and feedback are welcome, let me hear your thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDcM2d6GF3g

SVK
02-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Bump!

Badger
02-11-2012, 08:38 AM
As I first listened to this mix, I thought to myself, "It's a good, strong club mix. It sounds a lot like one of the mixes that was released, but I can't remember which one... maybe the Aude?..."

Then, the mix hit the 2:30 mark. Wow. That "fake ending" drop to the cold piano was spectacular... Did you play that piano riff yourself, or was it sampled from somewhere? Either way, brilliant inclusion. The pads you brought up underneath sounded great, too - really a beautiful combination.

After the piano section (which some might think was too long, but I'm certainly not complaining), the remainder of the mix sounded all the more anthemic.

Overall, the production was great and I really enjoyed it. Nice job.

:badger:

SVK
02-12-2012, 05:57 PM
As I first listened to this mix, I thought to myself, "It's a good, strong club mix. It sounds a lot like one of the mixes that was released, but I can't remember which one... maybe the Aude?..."

Then, the mix hit the 2:30 mark. Wow. That "fake ending" drop to the cold piano was spectacular... Did you play that piano riff yourself, or was it sampled from somewhere? Either way, brilliant inclusion. The pads you brought up underneath sounded great, too - really a beautiful combination.

After the piano section (which some might think was too long, but I'm certainly not complaining), the remainder of the mix sounded all the more anthemic.

Overall, the production was great and I really enjoyed it. Nice job.

Thanks for the feedback Badger. I played the piano riff myself, glad you liked that part. The only elements that were sampled were some of the percussion, everything else was made from the ground up.

Badger
02-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Wow! Well, you did an excellent job with it - and that piano riff is awesome. I'm listening to it again as we speak... er, as I type.

SVK
02-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Glad you liked it Badger :bslayer:

Anyone else want to take a listen? All thoughts are appreciated! :banana:

Hygro
02-15-2012, 10:06 PM
wasn't expecting to like this but I really like this.

SVK
02-22-2012, 12:48 AM
wasn't expecting to like this but I really like this.

Thanks for listening Hygro, glad you enjoyed it.

Unintended Spittle
09-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Piano Riff is Epic on this track. Not to long for me either. Love this. The piano part is def my favorite part of it.

/EDIT, was kind of let down by the merge, or drop, or whatever around the 4:10-4:12 mark? I dont know if it just didnt match up or didnt jive with what I was expecting. I think I was expecting another epic drop, just didnt seem to merge well. In saying that though, I am not a DJ so it may very well have been perfect!