PDA

View Full Version : One of my first complete tracks

Motion
04-22-2012, 09:50 PM
I have shifted towards production for now and I'm trying my best to see what i can do. This os one of the first complete tracks i have done. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is HIGLY encouraged!

http://soundcloud.com/thedeejaymotion/droptop

Clayton
04-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Wrote on the track. Try and change the riff slightly, so its not constantly the same thing all the way through. Little changes can do alot.

Motion
04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
thanks a lot man will do!

Hygro
04-29-2012, 09:00 PM
I like the bassline but it needs more groove. The kick should be hi passed at around 50 hz and then compressed harder.

More automation on the lead synth during the breakdown to make it more interesting. The buildup synth is a lot more interesting than the drop synth. I like the piano-esque chords that come in. You lost me before the second break down, and one the second breakdown started I knew it was going to be way too drawn. I'd double up the sounds you introduce and introduce them in half the time, it would be better as a very short breakdown. The lead synth after the buildups sounds better on the second drop than the first. Outtro comes a phrase too soon, I wanted to keep dancing. You had me grooving there for a second.

Overall your track would do well being "brighter". Too much low end bass. Give the subwoofers some room to do their job ;)

The 4 most important things to remember when producing:
Signal flow. What's the order of your plugins, busses, etc. Does your EQ come before or after your compressor, and why?
EQ. Super critical, try to cut more than boost but both are OK.
Dynamics. Compression etc.
Stereofielding. Mono channels, sample-delays, panning, buss to hi-passed stereo field bass augments, what have you.

Because once you have good drums, bass, and a melody, those are the things that will make or break your game.