PDA

View Full Version : Good Clubs/Venues in NYC?

BurntToast
04-22-2012, 06:43 PM
We know Pacha brings in the popular acts, but the place sucks. Where are some good clubs or underground spots to hit up maybe some deep/funky house, tech house, etc.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
04-23-2012, 01:12 AM
go try District 36,and Cielo...Underground spots, are a thing of the past.all about bottle sevice, in NYC.sucks.

Riotto
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Cielo
D36
The basement of Open House ( Lower East Side )
Santos Party House
Sullivan Room
The National Underground

DvlsAdvct
04-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Definitely Sullivan Room and Santos Party House.

Rek_Aviles
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Webster hall

I kid, I kid. :teef:

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
04-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Webster hall..I kid, I kid. :teef::lol:

AbstractQuality
04-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Underground spots, are a thing of the past.all about bottle sevice, in NYC.sucks.

:eek:

check out blkmarket membership parties, as well as verboten, oktave, the bunker, resolute.

tbh never been to any of these as they're all 21+ but they're always bringing in awesome acts. idk how you could think theres no more underground parties in NYC....

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
04-23-2012, 06:17 PM
well,let's see,.the bunker,resolute,are bottle service,guest list,bridge and tunnel,Top 40' type Nightclubs.I'm certain the other three you mentioned, all fall in the same category,"Mainstream"....trust me,I have been working in the Nyc Nightclub industry since 87'.All,my friends work in the industry..we all have the same gripe,"there is No Underground,in Nyc",thank you Mayor giuliani,and Mayor Bloomberg:argh:

AbstractQuality
04-23-2012, 07:35 PM
well,let's see,.the bunker,resolute,are bottle service,guest list,bridge and tunnel,Top 40' type Nightclubs.I'm certain the other three you mentioned, all fall in the same category,"Mainstream"....trust me,I have been working in the Nyc Nightclub industry since 87'.All,my friends work in the industry..we all have the same gripe,"there is No Underground,in Nyc",thank you Mayor giuliani,and Mayor Bloomberg:argh:

really? I really can't imagine we are talking about the same events. You are talking about The Bunker parties at Public Assembly in Williamsburg? The one that books Kassem Mosse, Kode 9, Marcel Fengler, Pangaea, Sandwell District etc?

And the BLKmarket membership parties that book Ben Klock, Levon Vincent, Dixon, Carl Craig and so on? They don't even release the location to the public.

Surely this is not mainstream to you?

Here is some top40 being played at The Bunker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBV9c5YaTec

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
04-23-2012, 09:34 PM
:facepalm:
really? I really can't imagine we are talking about the same events. You are talking about The Bunker parties at Public Assembly in Williamsburg? The one that books Kassem Mosse, Kode 9, Marcel Fengler, Pangaea, Sandwell District etc?

And the BLKmarket membership parties that book Ben Klock, Levon Vincent, Dixon, Carl Craig and so on? They don't even release the location to the public.

Surely this is not mainstream to you?

Here is some top40 being played at The Bunker:

we are certainly not talking about the same party.No way!:facepalm:My bad!I was speaking about another joint that goes by that nickname 765(bunker) here in the city.I don't know anything(never did,never will) about the scene out in Brooklyn.you just rolled out a whole bunch of names,I never heard of.Tech DJ's? educate me!:D

AbstractQuality
04-24-2012, 02:10 PM
:facepalm:we are certainly not talking about the same party.No way!:facepalm:My bad!I was speaking about another joint that goes by that nickname 765(bunker) here in the city.I don't know anything(never did,never will) about the scene out in Brooklyn.you just rolled out a whole bunch of names,I never heard of.Tech DJ's? educate me!:D

haha no problem man, fair enough.

yeah, out in brooklyn (mostly at Public Assembly...and sometimes other warehouse type places as well I believe) theres some good underground events going on if you're into techno and house. tbh I dont know much about it since I don't even live in the city and have never been to any of these parties, I just read about this stuff on Resident Advisor and wish I could be there :lol:

But the underground is definitely alive and well around the city if you know where to look!

BurntToast
04-24-2012, 08:16 PM
haha no problem man, fair enough.

yeah, out in brooklyn (mostly at Public Assembly...and sometimes other warehouse type places as well I believe) theres some good underground events going on if you're into techno and house. tbh I dont know much about it since I don't even live in the city and have never been to any of these parties, I just read about this stuff on Resident Advisor and wish I could be there :lol:

But the underground is definitely alive and well around the city if you know where to look!

That sounds awesome. Id like to find these places.

AbstractQuality
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
That sounds awesome. Id like to find these places.

If you're interested there are some very nice events coming up from BLK Market. check it out on resident advisor. Mathew Jonson + Minilogue live set, Ben Klock + Marcel Dettman b2b and Ame and Dixon on 4th of July.