PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - "DJF approved guides" forum section

Sigma
02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
There were some good guides written by members on the old site, but one problem with them was that they were spread throughout the forum. Some got pinned. Some didn't. My suggestion is this: -

Have a section that's just for guides of all types. Members would not be allowed to start threads in there, but they would be able to reply to existing threads. If someone writes a guide that is deserving of being moved to the "official" guides section, then it would get moved there. If someone writes a guide that is better than an existing one, it would replace it. If the guide features images or audio files, they would be hosted by DJF to make sure they don't disappear (*cough* hopefully!). Over time, it would build into a database of decent info.

-J
02-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Dig it.

Sigma
02-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Cool. If you do it, I have written a few guides for other sites that I'll copy over and if you think they're any good, you can whack them in that section.

-J
02-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Nice, the more content the better.

Yea, I like this idea. I'll get with DJ and see about getting it implemented.

mr_ragz
02-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Ya we need to get the "DJF guide to getting out there" that was hugely inspiration to me. I don't know if I would have ever started playing clubs with out that.

Stripe
02-06-2012, 10:20 PM
wouldnt that be the stuck threads and main page content :)

with this version vb, we can easily publish a thread to the main page sections.

Andrew B
02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Ya we need to get the "DJF guide to getting out there" that was hugely inspiration to me. I don't know if I would have ever started playing clubs with out that.

I reached out to D-Jam to let him know that we're back up. :spin:

Sigma
02-06-2012, 11:04 PM
wouldnt that be the stuck threads and main page content :)

with this version vb, we can easily publish a thread to the main page sections.
I don't know if this is a reply to me, but if it is, I don't think that goes far enough.

Pinning threads and putting articles on the main page is handy, no doubt, but the idea for the guides section is that once it starts to fill up, if someone wants to know how to do something it would be their "go to" section. It would cover everything from ripping a CD, to splitting a mix into separate tracks, to cleaning a cross-fader and so on. Like a mini-Wikipedia for DJs. It wouldn't replace the pinned threads, nor the home page content. It would be a place to collate all that information that makes it easy to browse and search.

windspeed36
02-07-2012, 02:50 AM
I've been/still am working on 3 tables covering the in depth specs for amps subwoofers and loudspeakers that should be finished within a few weeks if i have the time. Any other brands that you can think of other than: A&H Behringer Crown QSC Lap Grupen EV RCF dB-Tech and Danely? I'm leaving JBL out until they make up their minds with the VRX/SRX replacement rumours (see here (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?464-JBL-SRX-VRX-discontinued)) I will eventually also add EAW, L-Acoustics and Meyer

Stripe
02-11-2012, 09:16 AM
still havent forgotten about this idea sigma :)

still working on some odds and ends things, then will see where to incorporate this.