PDA

View Full Version : Mirror ball

Ntertainment
04-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Here s a picture of my new mirror ball setup love it. http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh552/main4502/2eda6c72.jpghttp://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh552/main4502/6a3b4b2b.jpg
Yes its in an old gym.

rocket's ass
04-21-2012, 10:13 PM
so...what's in the setup? What are you using to light the ball?

Ntertainment
04-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Those are two q spots 260 in the middle pointed at it. The mirror ball motor is dmx but the it really doesn't have to be.

DigitalArtDJs
04-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Nice (clean) looking setup. Is that a hazer off to the left on the floor (if so which one)? That looks like a large gym to fill for one hazer - just curious.

rocket's ass
04-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Pardon me if this sounds rude and your setup looks great but man that seems like a lot of money just for a disco ball. Each of those lights are close to a grand, right? Just to light up a disco ball? Couldn't this be achieved at a much cheaper price without compromising the appearance that much?

I'm inexperienced at all of this so I apologize in advance.

But it does look great though!

Johnnotestine
04-23-2012, 01:51 AM
I am guessing that he uses them for other things in DMX mode and has a programmed scene for white spot pointing at the balls for slow music.

I really like the look of the traditional mirror ball. Nice work.

DigitalArtDJs
04-23-2012, 04:23 PM
That's exactly what I assumed and why I like the setup:

1) It looks very clean and simple
2) It provides versatility, movers doing DMX or pre-programmed effects during upbeat songs
3) Movers with a custom gobo for up-sell opportunities (weddings, corp events, etc)
4) Movers on the mirror ball for slow songs - plus the ability to change colors if desired
5) Add the wash lights up top and you can create enough interesting effects to keep your audience interested throughout the event

I am guessing that he uses them for other things in DMX mode and has a programmed scene for white spot pointing at the balls for slow music.

I really like the look of the traditional mirror ball. Nice work.

Ntertainment
04-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah I could have done it a lot cheaper but then I need to add more lights and figure out how to operate them in dmx. This is simple and the next guy got it no the head. I use these q spots for many different scenes this is just the slow dance special.

Can't member make of hazer right now. It worked very well for filling the whole gym. The havc system was off but even so it's intense.

Ntertainment
04-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Radiance hazer. I can never remember. It's really solid the only thing I almost always bring and didn't have for this dance is a fan to dissipate it quicker.

mashedupotatoes
04-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Looks romantic. More disco!