PDA

View Full Version : Trance Vinyl...wheres it at?

mke
04-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Is it just me or is most new trance not available on vinyl anymore? I usually use juno since i get a lot of deep/tech house/techno/etc from em, and would really love to continue the all vinyl route, but there's been like 8 or 9 new releases in 8 weeks. I checked out a few of the sites listed in the record shop list, and google, but it seems my fears are true.....unless someone here can point me in the right direction??

maybe I'll just have to break down and buy a couple cdjs:uhoh:

mantis
04-21-2012, 09:18 PM
buy cdj's. i think perhaps it will become harder to find trance on vinyl. I know a lot of psy trance (goa) doesnt even go to vinyl. so many producers are just making and releasing good tracks on their own not even bothering about getting it released officially.

the big trance names- armin, tiesto etc are all using cdjs... maybe you can too

Synergy
04-21-2012, 10:39 PM
vinyl is hard to find now, u can try hard to find records, juno, satellite and discogs. but as far as new releases idk....good luck?

Dave Porter
04-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Its nice to have the feeling of holding a piece of music in your hands. But I dont think I have seen much at all on Vinyl recently, its all digital now.

mantis
04-22-2012, 09:28 AM
you can still hold the cd... or the usb drive... ;)

Synergy
04-22-2012, 09:30 AM
I know what Dave means. You can burn multiple cds, you can copy mp3's, however you can't really copy your vinyl. you can hold your vinyl and feel the ridges, feel the music. know that you physically own something. i miss that. i still buy from discogs but when i do i binge and my wife hates it lol!!

DJ Nutty
04-23-2012, 05:36 AM
I would love to buy trance on vinyl, but as mantis said, alot of trance doesn't even make it to cd, let alone vinyl.

Sedna
04-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Vinyl + Trance = Ø

There was a time... but that time is long gone.

Kov
04-25-2012, 04:04 AM
What's not available on vinyl is not worth to be played :D

mke
04-26-2012, 02:36 PM

I like your way of thinking ;)....guess I'll just save up for a pair of cdj's. Don't have anything against em, in fact, a couple cdj-2000's would look awesome next to the techs. A pair of used 1000's might be a little more realistic for now though

disparate
05-30-2012, 07:49 AM

Normally I disparage these sorts of comments but in the case of trance most of the stuff from the 90s to the mid 2000s came out on vinyl and I've not heard much good trance since ;)

Trance definitely seems to have abandoned vinyl, a friend of mine works for a pretty well-regarded trance label, that I used to buy a lot of records on when I played trance, and they're pretty much all-digital now.

Connor
06-11-2012, 12:02 PM
My friend has a stack of trance vinyl at his house, some Anjunabeats, High Contrast and other stuff.

Finnish_Fox
06-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I have a few cuts mixed in to the 15 crates I just bought.

RikkiGTR
06-12-2012, 04:29 AM
Yeah there's something really nice about the little crackle as you drop the stylus onto the beginning of the first record of your set.

I have hundreds of Trance vinyls, but nothing new. I think my collection stops around 2005, maybe a little earlier.

jonny_mac_99
06-17-2012, 06:25 AM
If your still looking for trance vinyl I'm looking to pass the remainder of my collection on to someone who will appreciate them

I've posted a list of the vinyl in this thread - http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?9432-Home-Wanted-Tech-Trance-Vinyl&p=105432#post105432

EDIT:
Sorry...link was killed. list is here : http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?9431-Home-Wanted-Tech-Trance-Vinyl

djlithium
09-16-2013, 08:15 PM
If your still looking for trance vinyl I'm looking to pass the remainder of my collection on to someone who will appreciate them

I've posted a list of the vinyl in this thread - http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?9432-Home-Wanted-Tech-Trance-Vinyl&p=105432#post105432

EDIT:
Sorry...link was killed. list is here : http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?9431-Home-Wanted-Tech-Trance-Vinyl

The reason why there is no more trance on vinyl is because as of late 2010, Armada/Astral pretty much had swallowed up all of the remaining independent trance labels or saw other independent trance labels pressing vinyl via P&D deals with Astral as a threat and cancelled their agreements. I have spoken to several label owners who have had their deals cancelled over night, the last done in late 2012. No reasons given. Armin Van Buuren is deliberately engaging in what can be considered as nothing less than anti-trust corporate monopoly behavior to ensure that Armada/Astral controls all of the Trance genre and its sub-sets.

Think about it. Astral distributed all the major and smaller labels.
Armada swallowed up practically every other label out there or crushed labels on Astral so as to not have to compete with itself (armin effectively owns astral now). Meanwhile, vinyl releases for techno and house pretty much go on like there is no tomorrow with at least 80 - 100 new 12" releases in the minimal/techno genres every week on Juno.

So who killed trance? ARMIN VAN BUUREN.

ASOT isn't a A State of Trance, its stands for ARMIN SOLD OUT TRANCE.

Mahatma Coat
09-17-2013, 03:57 AM
No trance on vinyl any more? Wow!

Why is that then do you think?

For deep house, house, dubstep/bass & techno vinyl is central to all the new music coming out, vinyl is still a huge part of the scene/s

* Edit - sorry just read the above post. Still, aren't there new labels keen to release trance on vinyl? Or is there simply too few vinyl trance DJs to make it worthwhile any more?

Era 7
09-17-2013, 04:18 AM
damn. i just looked it up on juno and there have been no (0) vinyl releases for trance in the last 8 weeks...thinking about it, i have not seen any trance djs playing tts either unless it was a throwback set. even psy-trance and goa don't really seem to see too many releases on vinyl.

Delta V
10-15-2013, 12:25 PM
While I don't think there's as much DJ demand for new trance vinyl but trance has this really obsessive, commented, non-dj fan base that would probably love to collect the 12" Singles or albums. I understand the big labels taking over and buying the smaller ones just to stay afloat but why nobody releases vinyl anymore I just don't understand. Anjunabeats and Armada stuff would sell just as well has DnB's Hospital records do. I think the newest trance record I have is Paul Van Dyk's album In Between. Looks like Armin Van Buuren's Intense got a vinyl release this year.

JackStalk
10-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Most of the good trance vinyls are in the collections of the elitists :D

Delta V
10-15-2013, 08:02 PM
yeah honestly even if they were releasing it I wouldn't be playing or buying it lol, sounds hypocritical of me but still I think there's a lot of fans out there who would.

dj nico
04-16-2015, 11:36 AM
There are still vinyl but only the older trance tracks , new trance music is mp3 !!!!!!!

Rek_Aviles
04-16-2015, 05:18 PM
The reason why there is no more trance on vinyl is because as of late 2010, Armada/Astral pretty much had swallowed up all of the remaining independent trance labels or saw other independent trance labels pressing vinyl via P&D deals with Astral as a threat and cancelled their agreements. I have spoken to several label owners who have had their deals cancelled over night, the last done in late 2012. No reasons given. Armin Van Buuren is deliberately engaging in what can be considered as nothing less than anti-trust corporate monopoly behavior to ensure that Armada/Astral controls all of the Trance genre and its sub-sets.

Think about it. Astral distributed all the major and smaller labels.
Armada swallowed up practically every other label out there or crushed labels on Astral so as to not have to compete with itself (armin effectively owns astral now). Meanwhile, vinyl releases for techno and house pretty much go on like there is no tomorrow with at least 80 - 100 new 12" releases in the minimal/techno genres every week on Juno.

So who killed trance? ARMIN VAN BUUREN.

ASOT isn't a A State of Trance, its stands for ARMIN SOLD OUT TRANCE.

opened an account just to drop this bomb