PDA

View Full Version : The "Movement" thread

monomer
04-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Apologies if there already is a thread on the festival, I looked around and found nothing.

I'm wondering how many are making the hike to Detroit next month. I'll be downtown all weekend!

Recommended activities:
-BT12 pre-party at bookies
-Visiting SID (usually open the entire weekend)
-Detroit Wheelhouse techno tour
-Top Secret electro show sat night (playing, doing sound)
-PE and Dopplereffekt sunday
-Mills and Psycho Monday.
-Shitshow

I usually only attend the festival Monday, and work the rest of the weekend. I think it's going to be a good, mellow year this time around.

spiz
04-20-2012, 11:41 AM
I'll be there, full weekend pass. Live in ann arbor so it's a pretty quick jaunt for me. Probably staying with some friends around the area.

Not at all sure what after parties I'll be hitting up though.... probably should get on that and get tickets...

monomer
04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
I'll be there, full weekend pass. Live in ann arbor so it's a pretty quick jaunt for me. Probably staying with some friends around the area.

Not at all sure what after parties I'll be hitting up though.... probably should get on that and get tickets...

Top Secret is where it's at Saturday, if proper electro's your thing.

I'm not just plugging it because I'm doing sound and have a timeslot, the lineup is just amazing. The venue is also an old party spot, a great change up from the clubs/bars downtown.

ilya
04-24-2012, 01:42 AM
i'll be there all 3 days, definitely stopping by shitshow but everything else is in the air. will hopefully be able to run into some of ya guys! any other after party tips would be dope too.

any link to more info about top secret (lineup, etc)?

monomer
04-24-2012, 06:21 PM
http://www.facebook.com/events/325171710877172/

Best Techno/Electro bass lineup I've ever seen.

superb
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Got my 3 day pass. :dance:

Looking forward to the Down and Out party myself.

propertrax
04-25-2012, 03:30 PM
ill be there, as always. bookie's on friday, along with the Blank Artists' party later that evening https://www.facebook.com/events/152978134830332/

Saturday, up in the air, but this electro shit is interesting.

Sunday morning, shit show, Sunday night, I'll be hitting Blank Code / Interface 36 with about 15-20 tennessee homies. I need at least one night of ballsy techno, especially considering the huge amount of house this year.

Monday, Nina Kraviz and Psycho overlap!!!! fucking irritating.

Scott Michael
04-25-2012, 04:13 PM
I'll for sure be going, I'm not to far away, St. Clair Shores. Anyone inteseted in a little DJF 2.0 meet up?

djshire
04-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I'll for sure be going, I'm not to far away, St. Clair Shores. Anyone inteseted in a little DJF 2.0 meet up?

Those never work.

propertrax
04-26-2012, 12:21 AM
yeah fuck meet ups. just get some phone numbers and get crunk

monomer
04-26-2012, 06:35 PM
yeah fuck meet ups. just get some phone numbers and get crunk

THIS.

St Clair, eh? I'm just down the road.

-J
04-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Thought this thread was related to my current activities. My mistake, carry on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

monomer
04-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Thought this thread was related to my current activities. My mistake, carry on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Get off the phone when your on the can....

I bet you're one of those that take calls also.

ilya
04-26-2012, 10:32 PM
^lol

where you staying will?

propertrax
04-29-2012, 04:32 PM
i roll like a gangsta dope superstar celebrity...

westin

Konix
05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Aw yeah, didn't see this thread. Didn't get to go last year as my wife was 9 months pregnant with my son, found super cheap flights this year so not passing up, plus need to get home to see family and get the hell out hickville Texas.

propertrax
05-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Konix!!!!! It's been awhile. I STILL use those 10" Serato records you gave me all those years ago. They're my special ones that I break out for only the best shows...still wearing out the A-side, so I'll get 4-5 years out of the B-side next, haha.

BTW, if anyone wants to do a little day party action, we're throwing one on Monday at TV Lounge called Night Turns to Day. Ft. Jane Fitz, Will Azada, DJ Spider, Hakim Murphy, Northern Purpose, Jade Seatle, and others. It's a bit of a UK/NYC/Tennessee/Chicago/Detroit mix ;)

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?369264

JamesRoss
05-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Cassy @ DEMF (Main Stage, Monday)
http://youtu.be/8ibGf4Ds0Cw hey Monomer, whats up, and Konix, whats up dudes. I haven't been on the forums for quite some time. Didn't expect to have to re-register. This was a pretty good year. I managed to get to go all three days. Sorry to have missed my Euro-Friend K.atou spin at TV bar though. She didn't make the trip this year. and i really wanted to catch Magda at RARE FORM (watrefalls Lounge) but it was sold out when I got there. go figure. I would have recorded her set for sure. Anyway, I had a good time none the less, and got some good footage.

JamesRoss
05-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Damn, what happened to my 5 stars... oh well, change is good i guess. Oh, the Link I posted above is Cassy @ the main stage on Monday. here is another link to her amazing performance:
http://youtu.be/XofTTujz-U8

JamesRoss
05-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Konix!!!!! It's been awhile. I STILL use those 10" Serato records you gave me all those years ago. They're my special ones that I break out for only the best shows...still wearing out the A-side, so I'll get 4-5 years out of the B-side next, haha.

BTW, if anyone wants to do a little day party action, we're throwing one on Monday at TV Lounge called Night Turns to Day. Ft. Jane Fitz, Will Azada, DJ Spider, Hakim Murphy, Northern Purpose, Jade Seatle, and others. It's a bit of a UK/NYC/Tennessee/Chicago/Detroit mix ;)

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?369264

Sorry I missed this one. Will spins some amazing sets. I used to always catch his Faderwave shows back in the day.

monomer
05-30-2012, 09:51 PM
It's an entire new forum, James. The last was lost in a server wipe.

Good seeing you back.

My highlight was the Top Secret afterparty. Perfect venue for the show, dope lineup (I'm an electro head) and good performances all around. A couple hundred more people would have been nice - it was a busy night all around.

I only went to the festival one day; Monday. I went just to support Dj Psycho. Walked right in with a 2x8ft banner on metal poles (they wont let in DSLR cameras?) Best set of the day, bar none. Wish I would have stayed for gillespie, but I was starving. Disappointed in Mill's set. Great tracks, poor execution.

I think I got the message out with that banner, though.

djshire
05-31-2012, 02:57 PM
It was amazing as always. Made new friends, saw old ones (including Monomer), and danced my ass off.

JamesRoss
06-01-2012, 06:00 AM
(they wont let in DSLR cameras?).

wow, thats news to me. I managed to walk in with one. maybe they didn't notice it. I guess they are trying to limit things to the people with the Media pass now. there are kind of a lot of those media folks running around these days. I might try to get one next year. After all I am majoring in Electronic Media / Film studies.