PDA

View Full Version : Ecler Nuo 2.0 Opinions

danros91
05-17-2019, 09:10 AM
Hi all,

I like to DJ mainly house and disco tracks mainly as a hobby and the occasional house party. I have a pretty simple set up which I'm more than happy with; just a couple of record turntables and a 2 channel mixer. I'm now looking to upgrade my mixer to something decent (currently using a semi-functional Numark m101, which has served well as an affordable piece of kit but its time is definitely almost up). I've come across the Ecler Nuo 2.0 which looks like it fits the bill perfectly. I've heard good things about it, but have also heard that the channel faders aren't very linear in terms of response. Bearing in mind that i don't use the crossfader at all, don't scratch, and mainly looking for something to do standard house-style transitions, do any of you who own or have used one of these think this mixer will work for me? For a bit more buck, I could get the rotary Omnitronic trm 202 which also looks pretty appealing. Any advice to help me decide would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Dan

light-o-matic
05-17-2019, 11:07 AM
I've had a Nuo 2, 4, and 4.0 and yea, the fader curve is not the smoothest. But there is a curve setting that if you set it right it is tolerable. What makes up for this is the fantastic full kill EQ's with their big knobs, so you can really mix almost entirely on the EQ and the fader doesn't matter as much. It's really my favorite EQ's on any DJ mixer I've tried and the gain structure and metering is also great, so despite the faders it's still one of my favorite mixers to mix on.

So yea it is a tradeoff, personally I think it's totally worth it but depends on what you like.

pete
05-17-2019, 11:12 AM
If you are only ever going to do blending, then that Omnitronic looks very interesting.
However, you will not hear a bad word spoken on these forums about Ecler. People that have them, love them. They are perfectly capable for house mixing. I used a HAK series mixer (even more scratch orientated than NUO - which does have channel fader curve adjustment) for years to mix house. Really nice sound, intuitive to use - never once worried about fader curve.

stomp
05-17-2019, 12:30 PM
Omnitronic is shit, they say. A&H Xone 23 converted to rotary is probably the best cheap option. There's conversion possibility for the Nuo, too. Check the FB rotary group.