PDA

View Full Version : Torq Connectiv Dials

dragon.fire
02-06-2012, 06:57 PM
I've been using Torq for a while (just playing around), but there is one thing I don't get that I've been wondering ever since I got it... On the connectiv hardware itself, it has a dial that you can choose between the raw timecoded sound and the music from the software (On the hardware it's the two main dials labeled Mix A and Mix B). Why would you want to have it somewhere in between (I always turn it all the way to input to play real vinyl, and all the way to usb to use the timecoded vinyl)?

It's probably something I missed, and I feel like I'm not using this thing right... I would really like to know

JonAvalon
02-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I never understood the point of that design either, that really only became useful for me when using connectiv with a controller and using the dials as extra volume knobs. Otherwise meh you are fine, not missing anything.

Will MaXimal
02-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Maybe its a way to slowly fade into another source of music instead of a crossfade like slam, haha

Boomcie
02-06-2012, 08:18 PM
It's so you can use Torq's effects with real vinyl. The dials act as a wet/dry knob

JonAvalon
02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Hmmm right, you can do that. Never crossed my mind.

dragon.fire
02-07-2012, 10:30 AM
It's so you can use Torq's effects with real vinyl. The dials act as a wet/dry knob

Huh... Never thought of it.. Gotta try it out

Thanks