PDA

View Full Version : New DJF section! Track ID subforum in the Music section!

KLH
03-21-2019, 07:56 AM
There's a new Track ID forum (http://www.djforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?72-Track-ID) in the Music section. This will be the area that serves people who want to ask for help to identify music tracks. Let's check it out and help those in need of a track ID!

As always, have fun!

Dix
03-21-2019, 08:09 AM
Kudo's to Manu for suggesting this. Additionally, a big thanks to Manu for all he does to keep the music sections squared away & cleaned up.

Manu
03-21-2019, 08:19 AM
Well hey hey you're all welcome... And if you don't behave, .....

https://media.giphy.com/media/VyjosVIFq5Z96/giphy.gif

KLH
03-21-2019, 08:19 AM
Kudo's to Manu for suggesting this. Additionally, a big thanks to Manu for all he does to keep the music sections squared away & cleaned up.
Agreed. Kudos to Manu for all the many things he does!

KLH
03-21-2019, 08:20 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/VyjosVIFq5Z96/giphy.gif
You found a pic of Dix at night relaxing? Woah.

Manu
03-21-2019, 08:22 AM
I was told that's how he starts barbecues.

Then he puts them out with tears of banned members.

Rek_Aviles
03-26-2019, 12:26 PM
Any chance of adding a genre tag to the titles similar to the submission forums? Before I knew which I could probably help out with because of the forum they were posted in.. now its all jumbled together and most forget to create a proper title. I can't be bothered to go through all threads just to see if I can help.

Manu
03-26-2019, 01:15 PM
now its all jumbled together and most forget to create a proper title. I can't be bothered to go through all threads just to see if I can help.

That was the whole point, as I noticed an increase of non DJ people registering just to make track ID requests. It started to attract more, and eventually would clog up every other music section. It's all jumbled together because it's not something that deserves a full blown sub-area encompassing every other genre by creating another dozen of subforums pages. I felt like we are not necessarily obliged to cater for non DJ members who are not going to participate anywhere else, and that creating a single page is enough.

As a side note, it was implemented this way so to minimise the amount of time I would have to spend on this, instead of clicking and moderating another 12 pages of stuff.

In writing the rules, I specifically anticipated every other aspect, including what you mentioned:

Please specify a genre in the thread title [note: or other members may not bother clicking on your thread, simply for a lack of being specific]

And you're right, if they can't be bothered, people are not going to sift through pages and pages of nothing specific. So this is where you make a point.

I suppose it is possible to add a tagging option, like the one that exists in mix submissions. But that's a bit of work for the admins, not me...

Last bit of a note, right now, most threads are without a genre title, because I shifted all those threads that were previously scattered all across the forums. Hence why it still looks a bit unspecific. I'm sure this will get in order within the next few weeks, people are starting to pick it up.

Rek_Aviles
03-26-2019, 01:37 PM
That was the whole point, as I noticed an increase of non DJ people registering just to make track ID requests. It started to attract more, and eventually would clog up every other music section. It's all jumbled together because it's not something that deserves a full blown sub-area encompassing every other genre by creating another dozen of subforums pages. I felt like we are not necessarily obliged to cater for non DJ members who are not going to participate anywhere else, and that creating a single page is enough.

As a side note, it was implemented this way so to minimise the amount of time I would have to spend on this, instead of clicking and moderating another 12 pages of stuff.

In writing the rules, I specifically anticipated every other aspect, including what you mentioned:

And you're right, if they can't be bothered, people are not going to sift through pages and pages of nothing specific. So this is where you make a point.

I suppose it is possible to add a tagging option, like the one that exists in mix submissions. But that's a bit of work for the admins, not me...

Last bit of a note, right now, most threads are without a genre title, because I shifted all those threads that were previously scattered all across the forums. Hence why it still looks a bit unspecific. I'm sure this will get in order within the next few weeks, people are starting to pick it up.

No, I agree. Was a good idea to create a forum just for that, I was just giving a reason as to why genre tags would help.

And you're right, maybe ppl will take more time with the title since it's in a generic forums. Tagging might not be necessary.

Manu
03-26-2019, 06:47 PM
No no (as in a double negative) you definitely do have a point. I'm sure this can be implemented and then be very useful indeed. So when submitting a post, the user gets forced to specify a genre. Since I am a lazy guy, it makes my job a lot more easy, and would save time for everyone who may be inclined to help in such threads... I'm sure the admins will pick up on this, and go accordingly. Many thanks for the input, point of order taken :tup:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ff97f5136e14b88c76ea8e8488e23855/tenor.gif