PDA

View Full Version : CDJ 900 Looping Q

prODucer
04-19-2012, 07:52 AM
So I usually set a couple good loops per track in rekordbox. One that I use to bring the track in most of the time and then one that is near where Id possibly mix it out. One thing Im wondering about though is this. If I use the first loop to bring the track in I usually hit the reloop/exit button to get out of it and continue on with the track. Thats fine except for when I want to turn on the second loop I have set in rekordbox. If I hit the reloop/exit button again it will jump back to the first loop. So is there a way to turn the second or next loop on before it hits that loop. Like how one would in serato? Or is that something lacking with cdjs? I dont usually need to use the second loop anyhow but sometimes its nice to have that insurance in case my beat matching takes a bit longer than expected.

Thanks for any help.

brichi
04-19-2012, 08:04 AM
no you cannot, it is something that we have been asking for, hit up pioneers forum and ask there

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/forums

Wakka
04-19-2012, 08:55 AM
LIke brichi said, no you cannot do that. But youre mixing in and out through loops? Why dont you just phrase match, wouldn't that be easier/better sounding? ;)

prODucer
04-19-2012, 09:41 AM
LIke brichi said, no you cannot do that. But youre mixing in and out through loops? Why dont you just phrase match, wouldn't that be easier/better sounding? ;)

I dont always and actually havent been since I got the cdjs, but ya I used to do that all the time with serato. Like I was saying in my other thread, buying these suckas has really taught me a big lesson. I really dont know how to DJ! But I am learning quickly because of my past experience. In a very roundabout way I am back where I should have started years ago! This is why I truly believe that programs like serato create a crap load of very lazy DJs. Sadly I have been one of them for years. Time to change that!

Thanks for the help guys!

Wakka
04-19-2012, 10:33 AM
couldnt have said it better myself man. Rock on!