PDA

View Full Version : What is this laser?

Interracial Tea
04-18-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm looking for some lights to rent and stumbled upon this -

CF-300 Full Color Laser by LD
Compact yet powerful professional laser system suitable for large events. High-Power 310mW RGB laser, Auto mode with over 100 patterns, sound controlled with variable mic sensitivity or DMX512 master/slave. Due to extremely high output power this must be used with a lighting stand and only in larger areas with beams directed well above eye level.
12" × 8" × 6", 10 Lbs.

http://i.imgur.com/QoE2Y.jpg

I can't find any info on it other than the fact that it's some wholesale laser light that I can rent for really cheap. What kind of laser is it? Is it even legal to have in the USA? What are other comparable lights to it?

BillESC
04-18-2012, 07:46 PM
It is not legal. Any laser over 4.9mW requires a variance and a license to use from the government.

Nick_EventPro
04-18-2012, 10:04 PM
It is not legal. Any laser over 4.9mW requires a variance and a license to use from the government.

This. Unless it is a diffraction laser or uses fatbeam technology, which it looks like this laser uses neither. Definitely not legal for use in the US without a variance as Bill said.

Interracial Tea
04-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Oh wow. Thanks guys. What's a comparable (yet legal) laser? I'm still trying to figure our the names of all these lights.

Mystic
04-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Oh wow. Thanks guys. What's a comparable (yet legal) laser? I'm still trying to figure our the names of all these lights.

www.x-laser.com/

Nick_EventPro
04-19-2012, 12:10 AM
www.x-laser.com/

+1

X-laser is local to me. Give them a call with questions, ask for Joe, he's their sales manager. I'd say ask for Dan the owner but he's crazy busy. Anyone over there will take care of you, all awesome people. If you decide to buy, Hit me up and I can point you in the right direction. Getting a variance is simple with their products too.

Interracial Tea
04-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Hmm, might be a bit much for the event I'm doing. Looks dope though.