PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: FOCUS GROUP TO HELP OUT IN TESTING Virtual DJ App

Party-Zone
04-18-2012, 04:56 PM
we started a free service which provides a real-time music feedback regarding the music you play at a party and also offers social-network publicity in a way that benefits both DJ's and their audience.

We are currently looking for DJ's who uses Virtual DJ.

If you are interested in this program, simply reply to this email address (Email temporarily removed by Rothgery) saying that you are interested.

The Party-Zone Team

MeowMix
04-18-2012, 05:40 PM
you gonna have to be more specific about real time music feedback

l0ckd0wn
04-18-2012, 05:43 PM

:stupid:

Like via Twitter or something?

thehadgi
04-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Just my own thoughts here... but if you need real-time feedback when DJ'ing, I'm not sure you're really in tune with the crowd in the first place, which is kind of the whole point of dj'ing

On the other hand, maybe it'd be a useful tool as like a 'feature' of your set, something to draw an audience in to you with. And then you can just ignore the 'feedback' since it's just for the audiences' sake

Or this could open up a can of worms, as that will inherently lead to crowd members assuming you take requests, and then get frustrated when over 50 million song requests that you can't play even if you wanted to don't get played, and your crowd starts to get pissed because you aren't playing requests... which will in turn flood the feed with negative feedback... which is visible to everyone... which would make everyone think you're a bad dj

Wow I just opened up a can of worms all over myself :eek:

DJ Matt
04-18-2012, 06:41 PM

+ 1 on that

Party-Zone
04-18-2012, 08:18 PM
offered services - the DJ (and only the DJ) will be able to watch how many "likes" and ( if he chooses) "don't likes" he gets, also this will be a platform to sell songs that the DJ produced.

audience will be able to view songs info/ provide feedback and buy songs (including the DJ songs) using Party-Zone app.

CC Ricers
04-18-2012, 08:32 PM
offered services - the DJ (and only the DJ) will be able to watch how many "likes" and ( if he chooses) "don't likes" he gets, also this will be a platform to sell songs that the DJ produced.

audience will be able to view songs info/ provide feedback and buy songs (including the DJ songs) using Party-Zone app.

So kind of like Turntable.fm, but targeted towards real DJ's?

Party-Zone
04-18-2012, 08:45 PM
yes... plus to the option to sell your own stuff

Rothgery
04-18-2012, 09:09 PM
How much for the app? How much for a “membership” (not implying there is one)

-------
Because honestly, sounds to me like you are soliciting, without a vendor account. Especially if you are talking about "enabling" the dj to sell his/her own tracks - how much of a cut would you be taking? The risk your platform is taking by allowing anyone just to up and sell their music could backfire, both for you and the producer selling through you. Especially if the produced music sold through your site, and it turns out to be copy written - unless you are an honest to god licensed label and you take those precautions through contracts... but somehow I doubt that, considering that does not seem to be your aim. The simplicity of what you are asking seems like you are targeting inexperienced people in the scene that may be easily taken advantage of, seemly because you are calling out Virtual DJ users.

Most people just getting started are prone to use VDJ, not someone more seasoned and have the experience producing “label worthy” (term used loosely, as inexperienced people uncommonly can produce label worthy tracks). The service that you have expressed in the OP could easily be applied to any dj’ing medium, vice explicitly VDJ. How would the DJ see the feedback, "in real time"?

There are a lot of holes in your “service”, and before I let anyone get taken advantage of, you should think carefully and engage the concerns. One would believe that either, your service is just taking off, and you haven’t already thought of what I am bringing up – or 2, you could be reeking of spam and have alternative motives.

Or I could be completely off base 100%. Looking forward to your reply. :tup:

Finnish_Fox
04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
How much for the app? How much for a “membership” (not implying there is one)

-------
Because honestly, sounds to me like you are soliciting, without a vendor account. Especially if you are talking about "enabling" the dj to sell his/her own tracks - how much of a cut would you be taking? The risk your platform is taking by allowing anyone just to up and sell their music could backfire, both for you and the producer selling through you. Especially if the produced music sold through your site, and it turns out to be copy written - unless you are an honest to god licensed label and you take those precautions through contracts... but somehow I doubt that, considering that does not seem to be your aim. The simplicity of what you are asking seems like you are targeting inexperienced people in the scene that may be easily taken advantage of, seemly because you are calling out Virtual DJ users.

Most people just getting started are prone to use VDJ, not someone more seasoned and have the experience producing “label worthy” (term used loosely, as inexperienced people uncommonly can produce label worthy tracks). The service that you have expressed in the OP could easily be applied to any dj’ing medium, vice explicitly VDJ. How would the DJ see the feedback, "in real time"?

There are a lot of holes in your “service”, and before I let anyone get taken advantage of, you should think carefully and engage the concerns. One would believe that either, your service is just taking off, and you haven’t already thought of what I am bringing up – or 2, you could be reeking of spam and have alternative motives.

Or I could be completely off base 100%. Looking forward to your reply. :tup:

Oh. Snap.

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr108/davesbase/OHSNAP.jpg

l0ckd0wn
04-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Oh. Snap.

:lol:

+1 Roth!

DJNR
04-18-2012, 10:55 PM
:lol:

+1 Roth!

OH SNAP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW_Y1cnLYVo

Party-Zone
04-19-2012, 12:33 AM
- How much for the app? How much for a “membership”

no charge for the app and no charge for membership with or without the quotes.

if you are a VDJ user, simply reply to this email address eli@party-zone.us saying that you are interested, and you will be provided with all the details.

for more information please visit us at http://www.party-zone.us

thanks,

The Party-Zone team

DJNR
04-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Why is the offer only valid for VDJ? It says you support Serato and Traktor on your site.

Party-Zone
04-19-2012, 12:42 AM
it will be soon, Our current focus group is VDJ

Thanks,

The Party-Zone Team

Defiance
04-19-2012, 12:52 AM
I think this is a great idea, however I don't use VDJ out in the real world anymore. Lots of things could be built off of this.

However, I think it sucks people have their phone stuck to there hands when they are out partying like that. Plus RWE tells me that it will be hit or miss as the crowd gets less sober.

Party-Zone
04-19-2012, 12:57 AM
thanks for the feedback - so Serato or Traktor ? what is the number one today ?

DJNR
04-19-2012, 01:17 AM
thanks for the feedback - so Serato or Traktor ? what is the number one today ?

Depends on your market. I would say the two are pretty equal in users.

m:cake
04-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Your app/project sounds interresting but i'm not sure if it helps beeing a bettter dj / throwing better partys. There are already enough people going to partys just to stand there and stare into their smartphone tweeting/posting on facebook or whatever they do except acutally partying. They totally forget about enjoying a party talking to people and danceing and if an app like that becomes more popular that gets worse.

It's nearly lilke in the old days where everyone went to church on sunday "just" to be seen by the members of their village -> today be at the party and post/spam it on FB + Twitter so all your "friends" know you were there but thats a different story. :rolleyes:

thats just my 2cents on that, i may be wrong and your app will be an enrichment to the "scene", anyway good luck with the whole thing! ;)

Rothgery
04-19-2012, 03:07 AM
You still have not answered my questions... what about the whole selling of tracks thing. How about you go more in-depth on that topic. I looked at your website, there is absolutely no information what-so-ever about any of that or, exactly what you are aiming at. Your ''About Us'' is so vague that it is almost impossible to understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Even better your compiled listing of ''favorite songs'' is a Google service XML code from Interactive YouTube API Demo pumped through JWPlayer. Is compiled data on these videos coming from your developed app?

Why am I putting so much time into this... Simple DJForums.com is not a one stop shop for any ''dj get rich quick schemes'' preying on the less experienced. You obviously do not know enough about the demographic you are soliciting to, proven by your lack of knowledge of DJ'ing software, especially since your own website states that certain platforms are supported, but by your posts - not only are they clearly not, but you have no idea about them.

As I said before, I can be 100% wrong, but still have not been proven as such.

DJ Matt
04-19-2012, 07:42 AM
we started a free service which provides a real-time music feedback regarding the music you play at a party and also offers social-network publicity in a way that benefits both DJ's and their audience.

We are currently looking for DJ's who uses Virtual DJ.

If you are interested in this program, simply reply to this email address (Email temporarily removed by Rothgery) saying that you are interested.

The Party-Zone Team

im not attempting to discredit the idea but just pointing out a couple of things

1. is there not already a realtime feedback system called ' the dancefloor' ?

2. essential visuals plugin for virtual DJ already offers a system where the punters can text and have their comments displayed on the projector

3. the old fashioned way , people can also walk over to the Dj and tell him what they think

nevin
04-19-2012, 07:54 AM
im not attempting to discredit the idea but just pointing out a couple of things

2. essential visuals plugin for virtual DJ already offers a system where the punters can text and have their comments displayed on the projector

3. the old fashioned way , people can also walk over to the Dj and tell him what they think

This sums up my thoughts exactly...

Party-Zone
04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
We would like to thank all of the DJs that are whiling to participate our beta program,we have enough to start our focus group!!!

We also would like to thank all of the forum members for their comments and feedbacks.

The Party-Zone Team

MeowMix
04-19-2012, 10:22 AM
We would like to thank all of the DJs that are whiling to participate our beta program,we have enough to start our focus group!!!

We also would like to thank all of the forum members for their comments and feedbacks.

The Party-Zone Team

total sketch

Finnish_Fox
04-19-2012, 10:41 AM

Ummm ^ this.

Rothgery
04-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Agreed. closed banned